Costa Rica

jaree2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My wife and I had the opportunity to travel to Costa Rica for a few weeks in June of this year. It has been on our bucket list for a long time, but exceeded all expectations. The wildlife and scenery was breathtaking and the people were wonderful. Just wanted to share a few photos from our trip

It has been a while since I've had an opportunity to post, but have really enjoyed dropping in every once in a while to check out all of your work, some amazing pictures on this forum!

Black Guan
Costa Rica (8 of 254) by Jack Reese, on Flickr

Resplendent Quetzal
Costa Rica (38 of 254) by Jack Reese, on Flickr

Violet-Eared Hummingbird Standoff
Costa Rica (24 of 254) by Jack Reese, on Flickr

Emerald Toucanet
Costa Rica (69 of 254) by Jack Reese, on Flickr

Beautiful Beaches
Costa Rica (149 of 254) by Jack Reese, on Flickr

Crocodile
Costa Rica (172 of 254) by Jack Reese, on Flickr

There was quite a bit of practice leading up to this trip, but admittedly shooting in very low-light conditions in jungle and cloud forest settings with a telephoto was more difficult than I anticipated - I certainly learned a lot of adjustments on the fly and learned a lot about the limitations of my equipment. Just another great reason to have to go back at some point in the future.

This is likely my favorite shot of the trip, he was a tough fella to find and tougher to try to photograph:

Blue-Capped Manakin
Costa Rica (180 of 254) by Jack Reese, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Nice set! Must have been a great trip.

Great shots love the croc that guy owns that beach for sure

Nice pics. Lucky to get a Quetzal, love the Emerald Toucanet.

how did you like the trip? We are planning Greece for 2018, but I want to go to Costa Rica in 2019.

Nice set! Must have been a great trip.

Great shots love the croc that guy owns that beach for sure

Nice pics. Lucky to get a Quetzal, love the Emerald Toucanet.

Thank you all. We were lucky enough to catch the tail end of breeding season for the Quetzals, so we had a few opportunities to see them in different areas, we felt very lucky.

how did you like the trip? We are planning Greece for 2018, but I want to go to Costa Rica in 2019.

Highly recommended. We've been blessed enough to do a fair bit of traveling from more developed regions to off the beaten track destinations and Costa Rica is easily in our top 3. We rented a vehicle and San Jose and had mapped out a rough itinerary. We went in June, the beginning of the "green season" and couldn't have been happier - had to deal with a little bit of rain, but overall had nice weather and avoided the crowds and didn't require reservations in most areas. They largely have ecotourism down to a science, most of the locals are friendly and helpful, and seem to really appreciate their surroundings. We took a number of guided tours, mostly birding and natural history and were blown away by the passion and depth of knowledge from the guides. Regardless of your interests or budget, I think you would have a great trip.

Most reactions

Back