Could Hertz have entered....?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...the group of 3k-members and no one acknowledged it?

HAPPY 3000 (+3 right now), Hertz.

Time to open a bottle and say Cheers!
n025.gif
a010.gif

It was acknowledge. He threw a hissy fit and stormed off. Most people assumed it was because he was two posts away from 3000 but he came back to let us know that wasn't the case. He's such a thoughtful fella.

Or has he celebrated this a long time ago and then turned his back on us???????

ferny said:
It was acknowledge. He threw a hissy fit and stormed off. Most people assumed it was because he was two posts away from 3000 but he came back to let us know that wasn't the case. He's such a thoughtful fella.

Play nice! :fangs:

ferny said:
Nope, sorry, you're right. I wouldn't want to come across as annoying to any more members would I?

I don't think you're annoying Ferny :hug::

Yeah..I posted his 3000 congrats a while ago, but literally at the exact moment I was writing his congrats post, he was writing his "I'm outa here" post.

So...whatever. It's his loss.

And he was serious??????

Yes, Hertz was/is serious but he is not allowed to rest in peace but has to come back from the dead to set some things straight.
Yes my 3000 was acknowledged - by Core alone (sorry if I upset you, bad timing on my part). 25 views and no replies? Some acknowledgement.
As for my last thread - about 5 people responded to that despite it being spread over two days or so. One or two people could miss it but I don't believe everyone could - especially in light of the number of views it received.
The same thing has happened to other posts of mine recently.
The overwhelming impression that I have got from this is that I have done something apalling and the group has collectively turned it's back on me and I'm being ignored. So I don't hang around where I am not wanted. I have not read anything since to convince me I was wrong. Who has posted in this thread to mark my going?
Seems like people are quietly relieved.

And I didn't think that I stormed off or had a hissy fit or anything like. I thought I was quietly dignified. I'm biased, though - but then so is everyone else.

And Ferny, I have read threads of yours where you have been spitting feathers over some member of TPF who has said something that has angered or annoyed you. If it is OK for you to feel like that about others why do you dislike the idea that others can feel that way about you? Don't try so hard to make people like you - it's only worth it if people like you for who you really are, not for who you pretend to be.
And hang in there with the teaching dream - I qualified as one so I'm sure you can.

Meysha - of course you can use my pictures. But no one else can without my permission.

So long and thanks for all the fish (wrong movie. Damn!)

Hertz,

In the past, you have helped me out with my life and how mixed up it is. You have provided humor, thoughtful insight, and relief to an otherwise drab hobby(photography). In my opinion, and this could be just me, it seemed very uncharacteristic of you to pull out and proclaim that you were fed up(your words) with this place. Im not sure who or what ruffled your feathers, but i do know this, its just a forum. The beauty of this is, it CAN be turned off at any given point. HOWEVER, that doesnt mean people have to burn the bridge before they go.

It was truly sad to see you leave, but even more sad to see you post what you did. I sincerely wish you the best in all you do, i hope you and your loved ones are doing spectacular, and deep down inside, i wish you would reconsider, BUT, ive long since passed the point of begging people to stay here.

Chase, Voodoo, Twist, Goddess, and I have all seen this so many times before that we have become numb.

so long and thanks for all the laughs hertz,

matthew.

My posting the "Play nice!" comment was my way at coming to a friend's defense while respecting the fact that I am a moderator here and shouldn't just unleash on people at will. Hertz certainly knows how I feel on the subject but now I'm going to voice it here in the most polite way possible. I knew that he felt that some here have snubbed him and honestly, I've seen the jabs aimed at him.

That said, I think Hertz has so much to add to this site for those that are willing to learn. It's unfortunate that he feels that he should limit his time here due to the jabs and snubs directed at him by others. On this forum and via email, he has proven to be a good friend to me (at a time in my life that I could truly use one) with good advice to give and has helped me look at my photography with a new perspective. A perspective that is absolutely necessary for my work to improve. I asked him once for a critique on some photos that I took. Instead of merely giving me his opinion, he helped me to really see what I needed to improve on. For those of you that have been shooting for a while, you know how hard that is to do when you are really close to your work. That lesson alone was priceless. I don't care if he has 300 or 3000 posts under his belt. I just wish he felt welcome here.

Hertz, I wish you would reconsider. You and I joined around the same time and I remember this place lit up with posts from you. You always had something funny to say, and always gave great advice and comments in the photography area. I must have missed the posts were all this has happened, but I hope that you will change your mind. You are a vital part of the board whether or not someone replies to your thread or not...I have learned from reading many of your posts even though I may not have replied to them.

But whether or not you choose to stay, I would like to thank you for your time spent. You have given sound advice many times, and I have learned many things from your presence on the forum. I just wish you would stick around longer to share it with other folks that haven't had that opportunity.

Most reactions

Back