Could..not...resist

I'm just looking at it. Holding it my hand. Too overwhelmed to take any pics.
:lol:

(soon)

pascal

Truth is once the lens is in your hand 2 things happen

1) fate or sod conspires to cloud over the sky and rain down the heavons on you

2) the shock of actually getting the lens wipes your mind black of any and all ideas of using the lens -- besides its better to hold it :)

I went to B&H a few weeks ago for the first time and all I can say is WOW what a store. I've been to Beach and you can't even compare the two, not even in the same league.

Now lets see some shots.

it cost me 650. New. $50 instant rebate. That's not too bad.

pascal

holy crap! thats cheap! at least compared to the prices we have here :( I gotta visit NY one day :mrgreen:

holy crap! thats cheap! at least compared to the prices we have here :( I gotta visit NY one day :mrgreen:

psssst...not to rub it in, but I get paid in euro's...

Yeah, come to NYC. Remember: 9th, between 33 and 34th...! :mrgreen:

pascal

I went to B&H a few weeks ago for the first time and all I can say is WOW what a store. I've been to Beach and you can't even compare the two, not even in the same league.

Now lets see some shots.

this weekend. I promise.

pascal

psssst...not to rub it in, but I get paid in euro's...

Yeah, come to NYC. Remember: 9th, between 33 and 34th...! :mrgreen:

pascal

is that where you bought your lens? great! thanks!! :)

L glass

smeagol.gif

I may spring for one of those as my wide angle here pretty soon (16-35 is a little steep). 24mm is wide on full frame, but not nearly wide enough.

Question though: is it weathersealed? I don't mind using a wide angle at F/4 because you can hand hold them to like 1/8th or longer, but no weathersealing might be something I regret some day.

Yeah, a lot of Europeans are coming to the US as tourists for our cheap goods because of the exchange rate. GIVE US MONEH! lol :lol:

Congrats on your purchase of one of the "Gateway Drugs" to L lenses. (EF 70-200 f/4L being the other) Now prepare to embrace the horror as your savings drain to zero on the rest of the L lenses. They produce great shots though. :mrgreen:

Congrats on your purchase of one of the "Gateway Drugs" to L lenses. (EF 70-200 f/4L being the other) Now prepare to embrace the horror as your savings drain to zero on the rest of the L lenses. They produce great shots though. :mrgreen:

thanks. Yes, I'm afraid of what the future will bring. Or what it will take (moneywise..;))

and as to the weathersealing: it is, but for a full seal you need to put on a uv-filter (that's what is says in the manual I believe).

pascal

Most reactions

Back