Could you please dis' my site. Thanks!!

Mike2176

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi people,

I'm a student and for part of my coursework I've decided to make a website. For the next part of my project, i need people to critique the site, so i can evaluate it, including other people's advice / opinions. It's still evolving at the moment and there's still plenty to do, but I'd be very interested to hear what other Photographers think of the site as it was when i first published it.

If you could spare a few moments to answer a few questions I'd really appreciate it! Please feel free to say anything you like, i dont get offended! Be harsh!

- What are your first impressions of the design and layout of the site?

- Do you think the site's identity ('Neon Playground') is memorable?

- Do you think the submission procedure is easily understandable? (follow the 'submit' link)

- What would you change?

Thanks people, really appreciate it. Mike

url: www.neonplayground.co.uk

(please post comments on this thread, as opposed to using the 'contact' link on the site) ;)

same thing here

Same here, but then i reloaded the page and was able to get in.

right, thanks for pointing that out. If you click on the neon sign bit it should work. I'll have to sort that. Ta

looks good but navigation is completely off.
need 'back-to-menu link on every page
when returning to index, page is dead

Traveler, there's a tiny little arrow on the left-middle of the page that's a back to index. Think it's on every page...

But I still agree, not the easiest to browse/navigate.

The digital art had problems loading for me, I could only get like three of the pictures up. The rest worked fine.

Neon just turned off when I clicked it and nothing else happend.

Hi people,

I'm a student and for part of my coursework I've decided to make a website. For the next part of my project, i need people to critique the site, so i can evaluate it, including other people's advice / opinions. It's still evolving at the moment and there's still plenty to do, but I'd be very interested to hear what other Photographers think of the site as it was when i first published it.

If you could spare a few moments to answer a few questions I'd really appreciate it! Please feel free to say anything you like, i dont get offended! Be harsh!

- Do you think the submission procedure is easily understandable? (follow the 'submit' link)

- What would you change?

Thanks people, really appreciate it. Mike

url: www.neonplayground.co.uk

(please post comments on this thread, as opposed to using the 'contact' link on the site) ;)

Clean design and layout

Yes

yes

- What would you change?
I would use a structural navigation.

I did some online research for you and found this to maybe help you out a bit..
Random web pages that all look similar provide little help in users knowing where they are. If a person has to ask "Where am I?" or "How did I get here?" then the site is an example of poor organization and navigation [Sano, 88; Marlatt]. When the structure is clear and presentable, people are more confident and can navigate to new information much faster. In simple terms, people cannot know where to go unless they know where they are.

thanks very much, i really appreciate it. I've noted down all thats been said. i agree with the navigation issue. it would be confusing to someone who hasn't used te site before. but when your staring at it for hours a day, you kinda start to miss the simplest things, so all this really helps to step back and look at it objectively.

Most reactions

Back