Country life

scooter2044

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The weather was pretty overcast when I was ready to leave so I wasn't expecting too much from the day. But later on the clouds broke enough to let some light through and I was glad I decided to go out. I'm hoping to get some critique on these as I really enjoyed finding and shooting these scenes. Any thoughts on the editing, saturation levels, composition?

out to pasture by Sheila Swindell, on Flickr

solitude by Sheila Swindell, on Flickr

sunbeam by Sheila Swindell, on Flickr

country life by Sheila Swindell, on Flickr

OK, if these are that bad, what should I be looking for in a landscape shot? Any advice please! Even if it's "sell your camera", lol. Keep in mind that I live in the country and can't travel too far on a limited budget.

They are all nice to look at. #2 is my favorite. I think it's a fantastic shot.
In #1 the cows kind of disappear with the busyness of the fence, grass and culvert.

Nice set Shiela!
The solitude warms up the mood.
The last one in my opinion would have benefited getting the flowers in the FG in focus, me thinks.

2,3 and 4 are nice, with good compositions and a country feel to them as expressed in your title.

1 in my opinion is more like a snapshot, with a confused foreground and an unsure subject matter

2 is definetely the best for me

They are all nice to look at. #2 is my favorite. I think it's a fantastic shot.
In #1 the cows kind of disappear with the busyness of the fence, grass and culvert.

Nice set Shiela!
The solitude warms up the mood.
The last one in my opinion would have benefited getting the flowers in the FG in focus, me thinks.

2,3 and 4 are nice, with good compositions and a country feel to them as expressed in your title.

1 in my opinion is more like a snapshot, with a confused foreground and an unsure subject matter

2 is definetely the best for me

Thanks everyone, I will have to remember to get more DOF on my next ones. Wasn't sure if the colors seem warm enough. On my monitor at home they seem to be more saturated, but when I get to work they seem flat and dull. I also agree about the first one. It was one of many moments when I am so focused on the background I lose sight of exactly what it is I have in the foreground.

You can't trust a monitor that's not been recently calibrated to give you an accurate colour rendition or exposure on screen. If you haven't got one or don't know anyone with one I would suggest that you buy one. Spyder and x-rite are popular choices

Your photo's look good, I agree with most of the above comments and I think 2 is the best shot.

You can't trust a monitor that's not been recently calibrated to give you an accurate colour rendition or exposure on screen. If you haven't got one or don't know anyone with one I would suggest that you buy one. Spyder and x-rite are popular choices

Your photo's look good, I agree with most of the above comments and I think 2 is the best shot.
Thanks. That's my favorite as well. I was mostly trying to determine which monitor was the most accurate. You would think the one at work, but things are pretty much held together here with duct tape, lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back