Country Road, Early Morn

Not bad, but I think I would have liked to have seen a bit more detail in the right side of the image - lighten up the tree and the area where the road disappears.

WesternGuy

Not bad, but I think I would have liked to have seen a bit more detail in the right side of the image - lighten up the tree and the area where the road disappears.

WesternGuy
Thanks, WesernGuy. Whilst I see what you mean, I think the mood would be lost if I were to do what you suggest.

No problem - it was only a suggestion - it's your image and whatever works for you. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

I agree with western guy, my eye is instantly drawn to that dark area to the point of being a distraction.

I agree with western guy, my eye is instantly drawn to that dark area to the point of being a distraction.

Thanks for commenting but I'm bound to say that's odd because most people's eyes are drawn more immediately to the brighter areas of a photograph, in this case the misty, moisty dale. The darker area provides a natural contrast to this, especially with the shadow cast by the tree and the Rembrandt like lighting of the furrowed area between the fields beyond picking out and being suggestive of the light from the morning sun.

Country roads always look weird to me when they are pavement, and not dirt or gravel! But that is from growing up in KS, nearly nothing out here is pavement.:lol:

It is nice! :)

Country roads always look weird to me when they are pavement, and not dirt or gravel! But that is from growing up in KS, nearly nothing out here is pavement.:lol:

It is nice! :)

Sounds like The Wizard of Oz!

This shot was taken right on the border between Upper Bavaria and Bavarian Swabia, where nearly nothing is gravel and dirt these days.

Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back