Countryside Beauty.....1 PHOTO

oldnavy170

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this one a few weeks ago on a drive around my town.......

100_0411.jpg

its cool...but if you dont mind im guna JUDGE IT.......ok
First of all the composition is kinda umm well theres not much to it. now if you got the whole hill thats off to the right and a little of what you have to the left that would make a better more interesting photo. Second the whole picture is kinda washed out...now if your going for the 70s look of washed out photos it looks cool, but for now a days its kinda bland. apart from those things its a good picture.

Judging is ok and very welcomed. Yeah, I notice how pale this photo is too but thats my camera and lack of PS skills :)

Edited: Lack of spelling skills too! :)

You know what the true pros say. "Always be able to take criticism and use it to your advantage." my old photography teacher said that to me.
Im pleased to see people doing that ^____^

The countryside looks nice enough, and having been driving around near the area (more in the Finger Lakes region), I can, prolly along with many others here, attest to it. But the photo itself is nothing special, I'm afraid to say. Sorry.

Yeah, sometimes countryside shoots can get alittle boring but I like this one because I live in the suburbs and this was shot only about 5 minutes from my house. I love how I live so close to the country.

What would help...well for me....is to have this shot be alittle more colorful. I know I can't achieve that with my camera but maybe with PS.

Anyways, I am leaving this one open for editing (goal...bring out the colors)

Couldn't even tell you what I just did, other than played around with curves, hue/saturation, levels and a bit of contrast...I'm sure someone who actually knows what they're doing with photoshop will do a much better job than I, but alas, here's my contribution.

1000411jf6.jpg

This one sure belongs into Landscape and Nature, don't you think?
GoM's colours here seem to go a bit overboard, I should say ... too green (says the forum's in-built LOVER of all green-as-in-nature!!!) ... compositionwise you place the horizon too much in the centre of your frame, that is what gives this otherwise beautiful part of countryside a bit of a boring aspect. You might have wanted to point the camera a little lower to include more land and less sky...
A crop might do the trick now? Shall I try to work on it? Oh, you say it's all OTE now, aim: bring out the colours ... right .... hang on.

OK, here we go then, you might like?

oldnavy1000411myedit.jpg

Answer is easy: no. ;) Never. And my PS skills are TOTALLY limited to shifting the levels a tad and cropping.
All the things people here describe they do with different layers and all that are totally beyond me.
And never any art of photography lessons, sorry, no. Not one.
My dad gave me and my sister hints when we were girls, that's all.
The rest has been try and error (with loads and loads and loads of error-photos!!!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back