couple different shots, where do i stand (56k beware)

mrpatrickg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSCF0278.jpg

DSCF0774.jpg

DSCF0757.jpg

DSCF1068.jpg

DSCF1231.jpg

DSCF1233.jpg

Camera - Fuji Finepix S6000fd

ive been taking pictures for about 4-5 years now, just curious where i stand, any obvious mistakes...ect.
(no, the last two arent of me)

You should resize these to be smaller. Probably about half this size max. 60% of their current size is good. That way, It will be easier to see the entire image.

I can't say anything about hem yet simply becuase they're too big.

And it does, thank you.

In my opinion,

1 is boring. It's an empty theatre with nobody in sight.

2 could be good with a tighter crop, different perspective to get rid of the empty space of the sky and heavy post-processing.

3 is a stop underexposed and a looser crop would have helped because you wouldn't have cut off the roof, and the other building would have balanced out the thing on the left. You should also avoid cutting the frame in half with a centered horizon.

4 is also underexposed and the deep shadows in the eye sockets don’t' do it for me unless it was a high contrast shot made to look like that. It looks unintentional in this.

in 5 the sky is blown out and the angle is unflattering. The first thing I see is blown out sky, a beard, the face, and the thin in the bottom right hand corner.

All in all, these need post processing because as they are, they look like they're direct form the camera with nothing done to them, and as a result, nothing really 'pops' and stands out.

Hiya Mr Patrick and welcome to ThePhotoForum.

I have moved this post to the General Gallery. The Photo Critique section is reserved for more serious critique and therefore we like to keep it to one image at a time...(see FAQS), otherwise it just gets too confusing.

Feel free to post multiple images in other parts of the forum...or to re-post your images individually into the Photo Critique section, with a bit of an explanation of the shot and what you were trying to show.

And for future postings make sure you leave spaces between one image and the next so they don't float one into the other. Makes viewing and commenting easier --- and so do numbers to the photos once there are more than 3 or 4 in one post.

Thank you.

heh, didnt notice these things

they all are straight off the camera, no processing done

the one of the field and building, you said its not good to have the horizon in the middle of the frame? hmm, never thought about it

the last two, i dont think there is a flattering angle for this guy, lol

1 is boring. It's an empty theatre with nobody in sight.

I disagree. It think 1 is awesome. I think this photo says something... There's this huge theater lit up and ready to go, but nobody is around - That's what makes it interesting! Plus I really like the colors of the neon lights.:thumbup:

The only problem I have is that it looks a touch out of focus, but I can't tell if that's just the neon lights.

The other photos didn't really do anything for me...:meh:

the "fuzz" is the glow from the lights. I took several shots trying to dial in my settings just so that it looked exactly like I was seeing it with my eyes.

So, mabye i need glasses, heh.

I like two snow gives a nice effect!

the "fuzz" is the glow from the lights. I took several shots trying to dial in my settings just so that it looked exactly like I was seeing it with my eyes.

So, mabye i need glasses, heh.

Nice to see someone from WV. Saint Albans/Charleston here.
s-mitchell.blogspot.com

I really like the second photo. It really conveys loneliness, but if you perhaps made it more contrasted and perhaps a little "rustier", it'd be even better.

Most reactions

Back