Couple fall photos and a macro spider

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Figured I'd contribute for a change. Been kinda inactive here lately.

5073079453_f7a7367020_z.jpg

The flash was supposed to fire here but didn't (happens a lot to me). I like it more than the ones with flash.. go figure.
5073093485_d25566e217_z.jpg

Composition sucks for spidey here, but I was proud just for getting so close since I have an irrational fear of them.
5073020389_52c22ce150_z.jpg

And finally this was an attempt at symmetry on a bridge.
5073019915_7e98b4908a_z.jpg

Ah, one more.

5073019677_9a10fe2ee0_z.jpg

If you are having a problem with you hot shoe mounted speedlight (not the built in camera speedlight) from firing check your batteries. If they are the rechargable type maybe they reached their life span. If they are throw aways then replace them.

I like the DOF and poses of the little girl. She looks comfortable and maybe bored, a typical fall feeling for me. Nice desaturation of colors as well. It looks like your flash pictures are direct flash lighting. Try using a defuser to soften it up a little. Possibly a little negative flash exposure compensation as well.

I really dig how you can see all of the eyes on the spider.

Rez, that first shot has shown how far you've come in shooting your daughter. I remember some of your earlier shots, and you REALLY nailed this one imo. Great job :)

Spiders .... I'll never shoot them, deathly afraid lol

Wow thanks everyone!

It looks like your flash pictures are direct flash lighting. Try using a defuser to soften it up a little. Possibly a little negative flash exposure compensation as well.

I would have liked to have done some OCF work but didn't have the gear or the time to set up really. Didn't even really plan on taking any serious pics of her.

I kinda disagree that the flash is too bright on the first one.. I think it brings her out nicely. Flash was used on the last one (with the train tracks) as well, and I think it filled in the shadows really well without looking like unnatural light - kinda lucky. The flashes I have don't work on TTL so I have to set the power manually.

reznap, awesome, I really like that first one, but I think I like the last one even more :thumbup:

All very good shots, the under bridge one feels like it needs to be tweaked a little to the right though, maybe so the bottom of the pillars enter frame at the same height I think?

Most reactions

Back