Couple More of Lauren

rp1600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still processing my first swimsuit shoot and just finished up these few of Lauren, a first time model, working with me, shooting my first swimsuit.
Tks
Ron

Attachments

• $IMG_9566-1.jpg
    $IMG_9566-1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 137
  • $IMG_9537-1.jpg
    $IMG_9537-1.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 157
  • $IMG_9482-1.jpg
    $IMG_9482-1.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 130
  • $IMG_9493-1.jpg
    $IMG_9493-1.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 130
Did you have an assistant with you? I think the first two bothl need some fill light in them, a fill card or a reflector would have done the trick.

The background in the first one could also be a little brighter.

For a first time, These look pretty good, you did a good job. Thank you for using strobes and just not direct sunlight. That's what gives them the professional look.

No assistant. Just me. But I did use a ABR800 ringflash w/moon thingy mounted on tripod. First time using that flash as well. She is VERY pleased with what she's seen so far as I guess I am. A few things here and there I know can be improved.

By the way, these four were shot around 9 p.m. CST, total darkness except pool light and ringflash of course. :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Next time you do something like this, seriously think about getting an assistant, they make things much eaiser and can make the shoot go by faster. They can pretty much do what you can't. Like hold up fill cards while you're shooting.

I think they look pretty good, but I see a lot of "splochy" spots on her face a hands. But that might have been caused by uploading them and losing quality.

Sw1tchFX: The funny thing is for this particular shoot I had an assistant lined up but it fell through at the last minute. So i called a few other friends and such to assist but no takers. Now that they've seen the model I was working with they all want to know if they can assist the next time. lol .

oCryuss55: If there's a way for you to point out, circle, etc. the splotchy spots you're talking about on one of hte images please feel free to do so. I'm thinking it's probably a result of missing something post-processing more than image quality; however, considering these are JPGs from original RAW/Tiff files, it's could be just that.

Thanks guys for the feedback. Greatly appreciate.

Her mouth looks a little awkward to me when she's not smiling. So maybe you can gently suggest to her that she practice her non-smiling look in the mirror so she can get feel how her face is when she looks good:)
That being said, her smile is great!
I think for your first swimsuit shoot, it's good. But, overall, I think you could improve on the poses. For example, in the last one, I would try to figure out a way to have her popping out of the pool without squishing her breasts against her arms.

Thanks April. Yeah, her non-smiling looking leaves a little to be desired. She and I both knew that going into the shoot. She loves to smile and was really unsure as to how not to smile (if that makes sense).

Ahhh yes, posing. My main weakness, especially when working with someone who has no idea as to how to pose. We had pulled lots of swimsuit pictures from magazines, websites, etc. to use as examples, but then they come off too posed and not natural.

I'm hoping that as time progresses I'll be more comfortable posing people. Hopefully.

Thanks for the great feedback.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back