Couple of Candid Portraits

saulmr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
saulmr.blogspot.com
These are my latest candid portraits, there's a little bit of story behind the pics, tell me what you think.

doaconchita.png

There's a very sad story behind this picture. I like to go downtown Juarez to photograph the people and stray dogs in the street, and that's where I found this lady. Her name is Conchita, she's 94 years old and homeless. She lived with her sons in a town near the city of Juarez, until a flash flood wiped her house and killed her seven children and their families. She's the sole survivor of that tragedy and now she lives off the charity of others, asking for your spare change to live off every day, sleeping where she can and eating whatever she can afford. She allowed me to publish this picture if I made her story know to the world, she asked me to remind everyone to be nice to your elders and treat them with respect, so we can teach our children to be nice to us when we get older.

LennonDanita.png

Photography is not always about shooting beautiful pics, but of capturing a moment that has a special significance for someone and making sure it's frozen to be remembered forever. My wife and her dog were relaxing in the living room when I caught them on this image, it was a nice lazy afternoon and that's what this picture helps me remember.

Is that story about the old lady true? That's really sad. Youcertainly captured the look of sadness in her face

That first shot is incredible. They story behind it makes it a very powerful image.

NMLeakway said:
That first shot is incredible. They story behind it makes it a very powerful image.

My thoughts exactly. Keep up the good work.

I'm at a loss for words with the story behind your first photo. I could tell that she had lived through alot from her expression. Shows so much grief and sadness... but that is truly awful. Breaks my heart. Thank you for sharing her story and photo.

Pamela

Nice work saul...really love the texture in that womans face and the story behind it is touching...thanks for sharing that.
Lovely pic of your wife as well saul. cheers. :)

Most reactions

Back