Couple of holiday snaps for C+C

Gazman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, just a couple more of my holiday snaps i`d like a bit of c+c on.

Trying to think of ways i could have improved them

2898650871_ef4e68e8d8_b.jpg

2899490490_7bed272b0c_b.jpg

Very nice!

If you make me critique....Something (to me) is off about the 2nd one--not sure what?? Sky too bright? Not sure. mabye it's just that everything bold in colour is off to one side, making it seem unbalanced?? Dunno?

:O)

Yeah i looked at the second one and couldnt figure out if my eyes were playing tricks on me or if my computer screen was. Its not really bad something just looks off on it. I think its the brightness of the rocks.
I like the first one though looks like everything is exposed correctly. Very pretty scene. Is that an island? Or just the other side of the bay?

In the 2nd one, that is the same island just further along the dcoast it juts out.
In the first that is another island called kalymnos (spelling? ) ive stayed there a few times before, a 45 min boat trip from the mainland.

I think the problem with the 2nd picture is i may have oversharpened the rocks PP. I wasn`t sure if it was too much or not.
Also, like you say the sky may be a tad too bright, i topped it up a notch to try and bring detail out in the dark rocks.

I like them.

The first one is noisy, and the second one, the sky is a little too...blown out on the right top.
Other than that, I think they're nice!:mrgreen:

heh, stick of dynamite, maybe if i`d thought that at the time i may not have stood around composing a shot :)

Also, yes the water is draining to the right, but the horizon is level as far as i can tell. I`ve heard somthing of barrel distortion, could this be what that is?

man i would SO much rather be there right now.

Most reactions

Back