Couple of images of Nicole Opperman (www.NicoleOpperman.com)

TJPhotoGuy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From a shoot with Nicole Opperman, who played a small part in the movie "Stay Alive".

This one seemed to be a hit with guys for some reason:

Image_2178_ex_bw.jpg

Nicole.jpg

As always, polite CC&C welcome, thanks

The tones in the first are nice...but it's #2 that wins me over for originality.

Including the shoulder, and using a horizontal crop make this one stand out from the norm. 9 out of 10 this would be a tight vertical crop.

I've gotta ask...she's obviously slim, but is she also very fit? It might just be the light and angle, but her hands and arms (especially the right) look pretty masculine.

the first one I like it, it would be interesting experimenting a little bit more with the pose trying to make the torso a little bit more curvy.

I also like the second one because of the feeling I read on it, the thing I don't like is, if you're going to photoshop her take the pores off too specially the ones bellow the eye on the cheek. If you intended for a harsh look then don't soften anything, if you're going for soft then soften everything including the pores, and the lines.

the first one I like it, it would be interesting experimenting a little bit more with the pose trying to make the torso a little bit more curvy.

Possibly, thanks for the comment

I also like the second one because of the feeling I read on it, the thing I don't like is, if you're going to photoshop her take the pores off too specially the ones bellow the eye on the cheek. If you intended for a harsh look then don't soften anything, if you're going for soft then soften everything including the pores, and the lines.

I disagree with that quite a bit. If you look at magazines, you won't find "plasticy" completely softened skin, and, I can assure you that they certainly are not "harsh and untouched." "Softening everything" isn't something professionals do; skin should look like skin, especially for a close up shot.

Thanks guys. I really liked #2 as well... it was an experiment that was pulled off pretty well by the model. I actually did very little skin retouching on it, although I had to do just a bit considering I shot it with the Canon 100/f2.0 so pretty much everything showed up lol.

Nice work. Speaking as a guy, number one! LOL Notwithstanding that though, nice work.

Posing and lighting in #1 are very good. #2 really does make sense :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back