couple of Owls and a Squirrel

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Work has been hell, there hasn't been much light and I haven't seen much lately. This morning my 2 great Horned Owls were snuggled up trying to avoid the crows. It's a shame I can't get a clear shot of both of them, but I still liked it.. As always comments welcome!

Love birds :) by krisinct, on Flickr

This one was getting ready to take off, so I raised my shutter speed to 1/1000th. With the D7100 I've been setting auto-iso to 3200. On this shot the camera picked 2800 and I was shocked how good it was. I was on Spot metering so it was slightly ETTR, so maybe that helped for the relatively small amount of noise for a ISO that high?

Great Horned Owl ISO 2800! by krisinct, on Flickr

Then yesterday morning in the snow and Ice I was in my driveway seeing if anything other than sparrows would show up when this squirrel hopped up on my grill like it was begging for a picture.. Thought it was pretty cute...

Squirrel in the snow by krisinct, on Flickr

Kris, very nice shots. The squirrel is just great - right place - right time. :thumbup:

WesternGuy

Love the squirrel and I like the way the owl on the left was trying to hide from you. As always I enjoy your photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back