Couple of recent shots for review

rokclmb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are my first photos that I'm putting up for C&C. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
4297086625_1fca4016de_b.jpg

4297096433_77d9387b43_b.jpg

Number one is over exposed and the other makes me want to throw up and confuses the eye. But then again I am not feeling well and the throw up thing may be a bit far ;)

I agree that #1 is overexposed and needs some work.

The perspective on #2 is very cool, you dont see that very often. One of the first things I was taught when I got into photography is to always remember to shoot from multiple perspectives when capturing a shot. Just kneeling instead of standing up gives the shot a totally different feel, and looking up your using the same theory with a more dramatic effect.

Very cool.

I like #2 because of the unusual rings on the bark.

I don't know what to say about #1, I want to say it's too busy. it's also tilted a tiny bit counter-clockwise. Sorry I can't give better comments :(

#2 would be better with a deep blue sky, but the sky is overexposed.

#1 also looks a little overexposed in the foreground.

The shots are over exposed.
What camera and equipment did you shoot with?
Did you look at the histogram or meter in the camera?

Both were taken with a Rebel T1I with the lens that came with it (EFS18-55mm).

F/5.6
15 Seconds
ISO-100

F/3.5
1/40 Seconds
ISO-100

Thanks for the coments.
For #1 I wanted to capture the motion of the lights from the cars, and be able to see the tori gate.

For #2 How would I not overexpose the sky and not underexpose the bamboo, which is the object of the picture?

Thanks for the help.

For #2 How would I not overexpose the sky and not underexpose the bamboo, which is the object of the picture?

Thanks for the help.

That's a perfect candidate for HDR.

No 2 is a view from an ants perspective if they look up :D

Most reactions

Back