Couple photos with my new body/lighting

BadRotation

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Decided to do some playing around with my new lighting equipment that just came in yesterday, along with yet another camera body.

But anyway, here are a couple new ones. The composistion sucks on them, but like I said, I was just playing around with my new stuff....

Taken with my new EOS-1 body, 50mm 1.8, and Kodak Tri-x 400tx film. Developed in d-76 at 1:1

They definitely dont show any photography skills, but I think they do show I can decently develop film...

For some reason, my scanner left some weird vertical artifacts in the middle of his face.

grandpalight.jpg

This one is small since I havent made a full-res scan of the negative...

cuthand1.jpg

I really like this portrait. I think the marks on the face are interference fringes from a thin film of oil/grime on your scanner glass (or it could be on the negative/print). give them both a good clean and try again. I love the expression and the pencil behind the ear. Does he always keep it there or was it your good intuition that you told him to put it there for the shot?

Nice work....well composed portrait. Seems a bit dark on the shadow side. I'm not picking out any detail.
Really like the second one...shows him at work in an unconventional POV. Nice print job on this one.:)

Most reactions

Back