same spot, different trick and angle. sb-800 right of frame
4374557449_c29aa9fa06_b.jpg

Downtown Anchorage Alaska sb-800 right of frame
4370137600_b23f9c51e0_b.jpg

Not bad shots.

#1 Rider is overpowered by the building in the background, but great lighting
#2 Foreground seems to pull your eye away from the rider
#3 Good light, but rider seems slightly OOF

You are definitely heading in the right direction!! Keep on going!

Cheers

I really like those shots but in number one there are 2 dust spots or something that is VERY distracting. Clone them out! One is just above the boarder and one over the trees is huge.

Not bad shots.

#1 Rider is overpowered by the building in the background, but great lighting The building is kind of important to the story of the photo, but I understand what you mean. Looking at it now I think that is maybe I had light coming straight off of where the rider was coming it would brighten him up and make him pop a bit more.

#2 Foreground seems to pull your eye away from the rider again. I understand what you mean and this is kind of....well I guess the only way to explain is "my style". However it is a bit much in this one.

#3 Good light, but rider seems slightly OOF THANK YOU! ugh, that was a problem I was having all night! Its so hard to focus in dark, especially when I am a good 30 yards away. Any suggestions to help with that???

Cheers

I like the last photo, in fact I like them all, but this one caught my attention more.

(This is my 1st cc, as I am afraid I can only give cc from my eye, no tech help)

I like the last photo, in fact I like them all, but this one caught my attention more.

(This is my 1st cc, as I am afraid I can only give cc from my eye, no tech help)
All cc is appreciated, so thank you :D

Not bad shots.

#1 Rider is overpowered by the building in the background, but great lighting The building is kind of important to the story of the photo, but I understand what you mean. Looking at it now I think that is maybe I had light coming straight off of where the rider was coming it would brighten him up and make him pop a bit more.

#2 Foreground seems to pull your eye away from the rider again. I understand what you mean and this is kind of....well I guess the only way to explain is "my style". However it is a bit much in this one.

#3 Good light, but rider seems slightly OOF THANK YOU! ugh, that was a problem I was having all night! Its so hard to focus in dark, especially when I am a good 30 yards away. Any suggestions to help with that???

Cheers

Hey JayL

It can be a pain to focus quickly in poor light!
Your best bet may be to pre focus, and close the aperature as much as you can to get the most DOF, while keeping your exposure accurate.

You have to visualise where the rider will be and try to manually focus to that point. You may have to have something or someone where you think the rider will be, distance wisae, and use that to auto focus and then switch to manual focus for the shot.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Hey JayL

It can be a pain to focus quickly in poor light!
Your best bet may be to pre focus, and close the aperature as much as you can to get the most DOF, while keeping your exposure accurate.

You have to visualise where the rider will be and try to manually focus to that point. You may have to have something or someone where you think the rider will be, distance wisae, and use that to auto focus and then switch to manual focus for the shot.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

I've tried that on some other shots but it was difficult, but then I was using a super wide, Im sure it would have been much easier to pre-focus that way with my tele-photo. Thank you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back