court house #3

Holy Ghosted

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
here we go again this time I got two dif pic two dif angels and pp in two dif programs so here we go

156311843-L-1.jpg

157192597-L.jpg

Sorry but at this point you might wanna think about forgetting this shot unless you wanna get into LF. The trees are just too distracting.

i agree about the trees, and don't really see anyway around it either.

ya that is what I was kinda feeling up close felt good while I was there but just can't pull it out in pp and at a distance there is just so much there it seems impossible to me.

Let me be hertz here for a minute. What is the point of the shot. Is it to be an architectural shot of the bulding? then yes go for lf. It it is to make a shot of the bulding to show, then what you have done here is fine for me. It shows a pleasant old building and the tree is classical foreground in one of them the other it is over powering but that's only one of them. So what is it you are after.

'what is it that you are after' really only works for such things as editorials, scrap books, or journalism.

don't tell me what you are after. your photo should be powerful enough to force me to think and feel on my own.

if it is for an editorial, newspaper, or scrap book then, sure, tell me. otherwise, create images that speak for themselves.

I think if you read the whole thread you will see there is talk of lf and if it is going to be architectural the trees might be a problem

if its going to be for most any other purpose it isnt going ot be a problem at all.

that my friend is why I asked. The image is fine for most any purpose but as an architectural magazine.

In my opinion anyway...

Also the distortion in the building height is the only real advantage to LF swing and tilt rise and fall in this case.

the main purpose of all these shoots including the statues in the water is to try and capture a side of a town that you would easily drive by and through and never even notice any of these things I live 20 minutes from this town but just noticed these things the other day and we go there almost every week I was hoping to be able to show some people what we have around worth seeing and give enough interest through my pics that they would want to go and see for them selves

In that case you dont need large format shots of the courthouse. The last shots you have are perfectly adaquate for that purpose. They show the courthouse as an older structure in good repair. There is a site called our town or some such that accepts pictures from around the country or the world just like this.

You might clone out that red brick building on the left. I would use the sunny part of that tree on the right to stick in there.

Just my opinon.

thank you I do greatly appreciate all your advice I am trying to learn how to save time behind the key board and more time behind the camera and taake those photos that make people stop

Ya that is a nice building but looks like it is a hard one to photo:( I think the only thing you could do would be to get the angle better on the first one, second of is pretty good. Other than that it would be a great shot except for those trees.

Most reactions

Back