Covered

silver163

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for some subjective critique. What you all think of this photo?

IMGP4820.jpg

I think it's just another skyscraper shot. It's also underexposed.

I'd say Max hit that nail right on the head. There is nothing special about the shot, and the technical aspects, especially exposure, make it even unique from the other skyscraper shots, but not in a good way. Try it from a different angle, I'm sure you could get some interesting skyscraper shots that will impress even Max. Although, I don't see him positing positive things to often, so that might be tough ;)

Well this is difficult... I like the idea.. but to pull this off without distortion, ( lens ) would be hard... The tilt always in these type shots , for me anyway are a turn off...

The shot is somewhat underexposed , but that can work , as far as mood..another plus is the subtle color in the buildings on the right side of frame ( newer bldgs ) vs the dark side, (left ) older buildings .. A kind of step aside past , look at the future feel...

I think the cars in the pic, also throw the shot for me.. would be stronger effect with a vacant street..

Theres a lot no doubt could be done in re shoot of this , but comments above are for what I see here... As said above by Max, ( "" I think it's just another skyscraper shot. "" ) well I think its a bit more then that, and can see some positives as well as negatives...

I honestly think the underexposed feel here works, it sets that mood of past and present.. ( more or less the past in dark, the present in good exposure ) I think the cars in the pic also hurt the shot for the feeling.. Imagine looking down this street without them?? now that adds to the street scene..

I can also see a bit more crop , just below sidewalk on left.. would give a better tunnel effect on the street scene ...

Most reactions

Back