Crabs and a flower

caspertodd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some more shots I took while in Gulf Shores (I had also taken a few sunset shots that I posted in the Loney Herring thread). This crab was funny to watch, and was very protective. He was about 8" wide or so.

IMG_3843_1.jpg

IMG_3873_1.jpg

IMG_3896_1.jpg

IMG_4238.jpg

I really like these!
The flowers at the end have such a popping color to them.
-Rob

Awesome crab shots! I'm thinking Jack Sparrow right now.

Errr, CAPTAIN, Jack Sparrow ;-)

Once again, great shots.......I never saw anything like that when we were on our vacation. Love the crab - he is so cute!!!

Thanks Heather! Yeah, we saw thousands of them, but they were all about 1 or 2 inches long, and this grand daddy came out of the sand. I definitely watched where I stepped from then on :lol:.

May I ask what lens did you use to capture those photos? They are pretty sharp

It was my Canon 75-300mm F/4-5.6 USM lens. Seems to be a decent lens for the money as long as you have good light (such as a bright sunny day at the beach).

Too bad about the wilting top flower in your flower shot. I love the little crab guy though!

Too bad about the wilting top flower in your flower shot. I love the little crab guy though!

Yeah, that was about the only flower I saw, and I liked the colors. Maybe if I were really skilled with Photoshop, I could bring that flower back to life! ;)

Thanks for the comments!

I don't care for the flower shot — just not my thing, unfortunately, though I think it's technically quite well done. Filling the frame a bit more might have improved it.

I love the crab shots, although the second one looks a bit under-exposed. The detail in them is great, you isolated the subject brilliantly and filled the frame. And you managed to make a crab look cute :s

Most reactions

Back