Cracked Canna

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First time to really dig into applying textures to an image. I was trying for an old, dark, moody look. Like a painting where the finish is cracking. I've been experimenting with it for a few days, and settled on this. I know the logo doesn't go, *&^ LR puts in automatically, need to change that. Comments on improvements are appreciated.

Cannas07082017_636-Edit23.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Interesting. The only thing that bothers me is that the cracks go through multiple petals making it look more like a painting on a cracked wall instead of individual cracking on each petal. So it kinda ruins the illusion that it is a stone flower with cracks in it. Hope that makes sense?

Interesting. The only thing that bothers me is that the cracks go through multiple petals making it look more like a painting on a cracked wall instead of individual cracking on each petal. So it kinda ruins the illusion that it is a stone flower with cracks in it. Hope that makes sense?

Yes and no. LOL I wasn't sure of the direction I wanted to go. One option was as I did here go for the look of a flat finish on canvas that had cracked. In that the scenario the cracks would have run al the way across the image as shown. I felt like it was a closer representation of the intent of the composition.

The other option which I plan on experimenting more with, is to warp the cracks, to make it appear as if the petals are three dimensional and the cracks are conforming to the shape of the petals.

Yes and no. LOL I wasn't sure of the direction I wanted to go. One option was as I did here go for the look of a flat finish on canvas that had cracked. In that the scenario the cracks would have run al the way across the image as shown. I felt like it was a closer representation of the intent of the composition.

The other option which I plan on experimenting more with, is to warp the cracks, to make it appear as if the petals are three dimensional and the cracks are conforming to the shape of the petals.

Yes works as a canvas with cracks. Probably should have read your post more carefully. "Like a painting where the finish is cracking."

Probably should have read your post more carefully. "Like a painting where the finish is cracking."

No problem, I do it all the time. Thanks for looking and commenting.

Most reactions

Back