Craggy Pinnacle Sunrise

Over Exposed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went for a nice sunrise hike this morning. The road up to the trailhead was covered in lumpy rime ice and a bit sketchy. I got to the trailhead only to discover the peak was entirely covered in clouds. It was about an hour before sunrise so my pup Samson and I turned on the headlamp and hit the trail. The temps weren't too bad, around 28 degrees or so and the wind was calm. We reached the summit, still shrouded in clouds, as the wind began to pick up. Samson and I took shelter behind a big boulder and sat tight hoping the wind would push a clear pocket in. At 7:30 it was time for sunrise but still no luck. Right around 8:00 the clouds broke and I got my opportunity to grab some images. Spent another couple of hours hiking the ridgeline before Samson and I decided to head home.

5559049592_c4e1759baf_z.jpg

Gorgeous photo! I love the warm colors, but you can still tell how cold it was. Beautiful layers and depth. Nice work!

A stunning shot. Come on, share something more from the hike ;)

Great shot and I bet it made the hike even more rewarding! Nothing better than an early morning stomp that gets rewarded with an image like this :)

Okay okay, twist my arm a bit folks ;)

Here is another from maybe 10 minutes prior I'd guess.

5567734797_af8f5352fd_z.jpg

Oh wow, I love both of them, I am really hard pressed to find something wrong in both! Erm.. all I can say is well done that's an amazing capture :mrgreen:

very nice I must say I like #2 the best. dosen't leave me wanting more from one side to the other.

These are excellent images. The colors in the first photo really showed how cold it was during your hike. The second photo has a mysterious feel in it. Share more photos from your hike!

I like the 2nd one much more. The first one doesn't have a very strong focal point.

Most reactions

Back