Crane removal

peacock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first attempt to remove something this big from a photo (a big crane), also my first attempt to take pictures of fireworks!! :lol:
Did this in photoshop, using a mixture of spot healing brush, healing brush, clone stamp tool, smudge tool, dodge tool, and last but not least, content-aware fill - if I'm being lazy :p. I used healing brush the most.

Well hope you enjoy the following!

Before
dsc05452.jpg

After
dsc0545qp.jpg

Before
dsc05542u.jpg

After
dsc0554e.jpg

Before
dsc06512n.jpg

After
dsc0651d.jpg

Before
dsc06132x.jpg

After
dsc0613.jpg

Before
dsc0581i.jpg

After
dsc0581cr.jpg

What do you think? C&C would be most welcomed.

BTW, this was taken in Hong Kong on 1st Oct 2010, which is the National Day of People's Republic of China. I wasn't able to get the best places to take these shots, because those get so crowded it just makes holding a camera impossible. I wish I could get a shot with the harbour and fireworks too, but that's impossible for my location. Also, each exposures varied from 1/2 seconds to 10".

You did well. I like the last photo the best.

In the last photo, there is a black artifact bottom center. It seems to be part of the crane you may have missed in removing. Looks good, content-aware definitely saves a ton of time. Back in the days of photoshop 3 -- it was, needless to say, "fun". (Sarcastically of course)

PJ

Haha!! Didn't notice that at all :p. Thanks for the tip.

In the last photo, there is a black artifact bottom center. It seems to be part of the crane you may have missed in removing. Looks good, content-aware definitely saves a ton of time. Back in the days of photoshop 3 -- it was, needless to say, "fun". (Sarcastically of course)

PJ

Would that be CS3, or PS3, or were you still in short pants then. H

WOW That is amazing and obviously time consuming. I love it! There is a tool called "clone" in the picnik editor that is similar too. I never thought to use the spot healing brush in PS though. Good tip. THANKS!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back