Crash course

dataz722

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for a book or website that will give me a fairly quick crash course in either or both Photoshop CS4 and/or Lightroom 2. I know there are tons of sites which cover specific things in great detail but without the basics I have no idea what to do with those. Thanks for any help.

good luck finding it...
there is no such thing as a Crash course for photoshop... it is just too big
if you tell us what area of photoshop you are interested maybe we can help...

also instead of downloading a dodgy version of photoshop why not download gimp, learn to use that (it is similar to photoshop with a few less functions)

It is really not a "dodgy" or illegal copy. My friend is able to get a HUGE discount through the University of Delaware. I need CS for dreamweaver and flash so I might as well use PS since I have it.

I am looking for a book or website that will give me a fairly quick crash course in either or both Photoshop CS4 and/or Lightroom 2. I know there are tons of sites which cover specific things in great detail but without the basics I have no idea what to do with those. Thanks for any help.
Amazon.com

The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby

The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book for Digital Photograpers by Scott Kelby

It is really not a "dodgy" or illegal copy. My friend is able to get a HUGE discount through the University of Delaware. I need CS for dreamweaver and flash so I might as well use PS since I have it.

Having just read the contracts for CS and Lightroom, If he's the student and your not.

That's "dodgy".

I am a full time student now and looking at one of those packages as well.

by "need if for dreamweaver and flash"
i guess you mean web design?
just search "how to make a layout" then follow that tutorial then use what you learned and make it your own way, thats the best advice i can give

Julieanne Kost has some excellent free video tutorials for Lightroom.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom tutorials by Julieanne Kost

great this could be useful for me as well, thanks!
clear.gif

Amazon.com

Julieanne Kost has some excellent free video tutorials for Lightroom.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom tutorials by Julieanne Kost

Thank you both. I will take a look at them.

by "need if for dreamweaver and flash"
i guess you mean web design?
just search "how to make a layout" then follow that tutorial then use what you learned and make it your own way, thats the best advice i can give

I meant that I needed to buy CS4 for webdesign anyway so I might as well get the package with PS and use that for my photos. I know how to do the web stuff.

Having just read the contracts for CS and Lightroom, If he's the student and your not.

That's "dodgy".

I am a full time student now and looking at one of those packages as well.
Plus, the Student Editions prohibit use for commercial purposes.

Just sayin'

Amazon.com

Can't go wrong with Kelby

Most reactions

New Topics

Back