Crazy fast insect in my house, WHAT IS IT?!?!

Sw1tchFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw this thing BOOKIN' IT on my desk about 20 minutes ago! I mean this thing was FAST!!! It could go about 4 feet in under a second!

I trapped it and threw it outside, but WHAT THE HECK IS IT?!

WTF-1.jpg

Isn't that a silver fish? I'm not sure though .. I thought that's what they looked like. Whatever it is ... ick!!

nasty. How big was it?
(when I read the title, I thought it would be a centipede, they are pretty fast too, but no, I don't recognize this one)

Oh and this is the perfect place for questions like yours:

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/

I hate bugs, but love that site.

Let us know if you find out.

edit: looks like THIS, it's some kind of beach cockroach.

pascal

I'ts no longer than a quarter!

Isn't that a silver fish? I'm not sure though .. I thought that's what they looked like. Whatever it is ... ick!!
I think you're right.

yep, silverfish. My guess was wrong, your bug has 3 'tails', so no beach roach but a silverfish....

god, love that bug-site...:)

pascal

Looks kinda like a normal silverfish but it has those crazy little spinys all over it. Those things are poisonous if eaten from what I recall.

I'ts no longer than a quarter!

I had no idea that a macro shot. When I first read your post, I was picturing a foot long alien/centipede thing running across one of those room-sized desks. :lol:

I had no idea that a macro shot. When I first read your post, I was picturing a foot long alien/centipede thing running across one of those room-sized desks. :lol:

lol, actually, that's a 100% crop from a shot off of the 17-55.

pretty crisp eh?

Most reactions

Back