creating a new photoshop service

Scipio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

i´m starting next month a photoshop service very similar to - for the German and a little bit later for the spanish market. Now You think I have a lot of experience in working with photoshop but that´s not the case. I´m doing Internet Marketing since 7 years and i see great opportunities on the non-english markets. You probably think I´m crazy to open a photoshop business without any understanding of it but i definitly will do it and we launch in 3 weeks.

But I need Your help and I´m very thankful for your advice:

-How much does one more or less spend for a basic retouch and their extended service? I know they pay freelancer (like i will do) but i have simply no clue how much I should pay the photoshop artists. How much time does a good photoshopper need for a basic retouch like the ones from mentioned company? I will probably start with similar prices like -.

-Should we create own tutorials for our company or are there already good tutorials i can provide our workers?

-We want to hire somebody (perhaps from this forum) to manage and rate our photoshop artists in the later stages but in the beginning i will do it. What should i keep care of when hiring a photoshop expert?

-Do You have some advice for my project?

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably think I´m crazy to open a photoshop business without any understanding of it but i definitly will do it and we launch in 3 weeks.
Good luck...

For some reason this post along with Bitter's avatar makes me really laugh..... must be he's got that "WTF?" look for this post. LOL

For to give you a hint. They could earn anything from 1to several hundred US dollars an hour depending on skills.

Hi guys I want to start a plastic surgery office, I've been a landscaper for 5 years and I have never held a scalpel before. I simp,y have no idea. We're launching in 3 weeks, how do I surgery?

I see that overread, our faithful moderater, has edited the original post to remove possible ad/brand references...I was just wondering if you'd possibly considered a name reflective of historical uses of photo retouching that PRE-dates the development of Photoshop, such as Scipio's Titanic Photoshop Service, or perhaps The Scipio Emilia Earhart Soaring PS Service Bureau, or something along those lines? You know, something that really hearkens back to the greats of yesteryear? I mean wayyyy back, to the grease pencil, and knife-etching era of retouching on plates and negatives!!! Back to the era of grand ocean liners and solo trans-oceanic flights and such!

I dunno...I'd expect to pay at least $50 an hour for retouching services. If your retouchers/editors were really good, they would surely, easily be worth at LEAST $50 an hour--and probably twice that. But, if these are simply people you pick out of the steerage section and "train"...ehhhh...I dunno.

Hey guys,

i´m starting next month a photoshop service very similar to - for the German and a little bit later for the spanish market. Now You think I have a lot of experience in working with photoshop but that´s not the case. I´m doing Internet Marketing since 7 years and i see great opportunities on the non-english markets. You probably think I´m crazy to open a photoshop business without any understanding of it but i definitly will do it and we launch in 3 weeks.

But I need Your help and I´m very thankful for your advice:

-How much does one more or less spend for a basic retouch and their extended service? I know they pay freelancer (like i will do) but i have simply no clue how much I should pay the photoshop artists. How much time does a good photoshopper need for a basic retouch like the ones from mentioned company? I will probably start with similar prices like -.

-Should we create own tutorials for our company or are there already good tutorials i can provide our workers?

-We want to hire somebody (perhaps from this forum) to manage and rate our photoshop artists in the later stages but in the beginning i will do it. What should i keep care of when hiring a photoshop expert?

-Do You have some advice for my project?
Two or three serious answers? OK, here you go:

1. Hire someone FULL-TIME to run the company, handle the techs, and do everything. You stay out of the way, don't offer advice, don't get in the way. You have already said you know nothing about Photoshop so apparently you are just the front man. Do your job. Put up the money, get the company started, and then disappear. Since, in your own words, you know nothing about the process all you will do is get in the way of people who do know what they are doing.

Sorry, guess I only had one serious answer.

although I strongly recommend having knowledge of this before beginning... you seem sure you're going to do it anyway..
what kind of retouch services are you trying to sell?
retouch services for basic consumer families?

I have a serious question instead of three serious answers: you do Internet marketing since 7 years and yet you are not able to evaluate if there are competitors and how much do they charge?

By the way, you could find easily many Indian services to which outsource your work, avoiding any contact with images and Photoshop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back