Creating a photography business

Bryant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've designed and launched a flash website index and I am in the process of making business cards and creating a simple, yet promising logo for my website and on the cards. I've been using illustrator and have come up with these two ideas, but does anybody else have any suggestions or ideas?

Screenshot2010-02-08at53836PM.png

Screenshot2010-02-08at53840PM.png

I wanted something simple so I went with the letter BHP, although the P can be confused as a 9 which is why i'd like ideas.

Thanks

What kind of photography business:
  • Retail ?
  • Commercial ?
  • Editorial ?
Both of those look to complex to be effective as a logo, to me.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't like either. I'd suggest paying for a pro logo. You can get one for a few hundred bucks.

What if the circle were a camera lens, and the outline of a body behind it?

I'd still have a pro do it. You want to be a total pro, and maybe logos aren't your thing. Have a pro do it. It will only make you money.

on an unrelated note, is it just my internet or does the website take a long time to load?

WOW! Extremely slow loading, I never could get into it and I have smokin' fast internet access. This issue will likely cause you to lose business, not make it.

One does not usually become successful when going into business on the cheap, whether it be website, business cards, logo, equipment, training, or experience.

And one does not create (a/k/a "poof") a business, they build one.

yeah, it takes forever for it to load for me. If I were to recommend a relatively inexpensive logo option it would be 99designs.com It's pretty big, and they're typically 100-250 for this type of thing, and like Crowdspring it's a bunch of designers that each offer their designs and you can give them suggestions as they go. The more you offer the more they will probably be willing to redo their work to win.

another suggestion would be since you have your own domain, your host probably includes email addresses. I would probably make an email that people can contact you at that ends with bryanthughesphotography.com It looks more professional. Personally, I think the site needs some work, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
The site took three minutes to load on a T1 connection

I'd find a local graphics design agency, some will do one logo for $50

Or if you have any friends that do it, try and pick up some freebies! :)

Most reactions

Back