Creating color and B&W set in lightroom help

sactown024

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey I was wondering if there is anyone that knows a easy way or efficient way to take all of your imports and double them, one set for color and one set for B&W. Lightroom does not allow you to import the same photos twice as far as i know (could be wrong). what is the best way create both sets?

thanks

Select all, create virtual copy to make a second copy of each photo. I would suggest doing a one sized fits all B&W conversion, though. Each image needs its own particular set of adjustments. I'm actually opposed to delivering multiple copies of the same photo in general-if a photo is stronger in B&W, i'll deliver just the B&W version, not both color and B&W.

Select all, create virtual copy to make a second copy of each photo. I would suggest doing a one sized fits all B&W conversion, though. Each image needs its own particular set of adjustments. I'm actually opposed to delivering multiple copies of the same photo in general-if a photo is stronger in B&W, i'll deliver just the B&W version, not both color and B&W.

hey thanks man! you are probably right, i shouldnt make doubles of everything with one being B&W

Most reactions

Back