Creative Commons Dying?

trendfreaks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Here is something interesting we are observing.
Alexa trend shows the traffic to Creative commons site is declining since 2007.

Any reason why we are not so keen on sharing our content/images for reuse under creative commons? What are the few things that you love /hate about creative commons??

Incase you wish you may comment in TrendFreaks Facebook group in the photos section.

n525884128_553125_2354.jpg

Despite the fact this looks like blatent spam, I am not going to report it as it actually holds value here.

The declination of creative commons site traffic is due largly to education of users. I have seen many cases where people ignorantly place an image under creative commons mistakenly under the assumption it's copyrighting and then realizing it is not later on and getting pissed when they find their image being used with out their knowledge.

Battou - my apology if it appeared like a spam.We are trying to unfold whats wrong with creative commons & esteemed views of the users of this forum.
Thanks for your reply

Good- Creative Commons should die. I believe that an artist should have to give permission each and everytime their image is used by others. I include educational usage in that also. I'm glad to see that photographers are wising up.

THanks to people stealing other's work and making money with it without even crediting the source, its no surprise creative commons is dying. See my thread here as a another example of how they do it.

As someone who's nicknames imply that they are an expert in trends I'm surprised you think that's an indication of creative commons dying. The word stagnating springs to mind.

Most reactions

Back