Creepy

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While down in Memphis for a few days off, my buddies and I went on a few cemetery crawls. We came across this abanonded crypt type building. The door was open, so...I had to go in. I noticed at one time, it housed something. Im not sure if this was a temporary storage place, as I did find places where there were once plaques on the wall. But there are no coffins, and the place is pretty run down, and had signs of vandlism. I found some maps on the floor of the burial grounds, but did not grab a shot of them, so Im kickin myself now.

Taken from the road as we walked up the small hill to the crypt

161_6110aa.jpg

We found this door had been smashed in.

161_6112aa.jpg

A view of the inside. I wanted to move a little closer but there was a large sheet of wood in the middle of the floor covering a hole, and it did not look too safe.

161_6113aa.jpg

This was the main entrance. Above the door was a window, with a piece of wood nailed to it, and a wire hanging down, which was kinda wierd. Not sure how it got up there.

161_6116aa.jpg

Chiller, these shots are just beautiful. I don't get creepy at all.

I can't believe you don't recognize the place ... it's April Raven's summer home!! :mrgreen: The shot with the 10 coffin holes ... she's airing them out so they don't get all musty and dank too early.

Btw ... down in Memphis and you didn't give me a holler? Well ... guess I know where I rate with you. Heck, you were just three hours from me. I'd have bought you dinner.

excellent as always my friend! :thumbup:

i'd love to know why it's been abandoned. is the rest of the cemetary run-down as well? do you remember the name of the cemetary?

anicole said:

I can't believe you don't recognize the place ... it's April Raven's summer home!! :mrgreen: The shot with the 10 coffin holes ... she's airing them out so they don't get all musty and dank too early.

Btw ... down in Memphis and you didn't give me a holler? Well ... guess I know where I rate with you. Heck, you were just three hours from me. I'd have bought you dinner.

I asked the guy in the long cloak if he knew of April..but he just pointed away..
Y'alll were three hours away??? Holy moly... Next time....k? I will buzz y'all

JonMikal said:
excellent as always my friend! :thumbup:

i'd love to know why it's been abandoned. is the rest of the cemetary run-down as well? do you remember the name of the cemetary?

Thanks Jon. I visited 4 cemeteries. This one was at Forest Hill Midtown, on Elvis Presley Blvd. The cemetery is getting run down a bit. I was surprised at the area, since the Kings house is just up the road. I heard at one time Elvis was buried at this cemetery and somebody tried to steal him.

I also visited Elmwood that had a bird infestation at the time. Now that was killer. But I still could not catch the freekin crow.
Zion cemetery was in really bad shape. I got the feelin it was for the really poor people of Memphis. The graves were really unkept, and there were fallen trees that had smashed many of them. In one part of the cemetery, somebody had dumped a load of tires over the graves. :thumbdown:

Memorial park was a newer cemetery. They did not have much for upright stones, but had a really cool part called the Crystal cave. I will post some of those shots later.

anicole said:

she is right, chiller, you werent far from us at all... you should have hollered... we would have came to meet you.....she woulda cooked...i could have brought entertainment...

oh, wait. i get it..... thats what skeert ya!! and thanks nicole, this does look like my summer home.... btw, can you help me clean the windows and sweep some???

these are just cool as can be... love this.. dont know if i would have had the nerve to go in....you and your buddies must have nerves of steel... 'eh?

great shots...and the title of it just fits you....
( and me for that matter...!!:D ) that first shot on the hill...? looks like a scary movie to me... love these... really do... ( oh, nicole, the bottom crypt on the left is yours, i know how heights bother you, saved you a low one!! what are pallie's for???? :mrgreen: )

Pay attention, JonMikal ... it's not REALLY a cemetary ... of the public type. Just ask Ravie Babie ... she has even been known to rent rooms out on occasion.

Chiller, honestly ... THREE hours! We could have had a TPF Southern Comfort gig going ... though I don't have a camera ... but Ravie does. Anyway, YOU BETTER CALL NEXT TIME!

Aprilraven, dearest pallie, I don't even clean my OWN house, but I'll be glad to send the boys over to help.

would you cut with the ravie babie???? thinking i might have to close your "pew" in the crypt for keeps there, nikki babie....:greendev:

and yes, we need a southern comfort tpf....chase is in dallas..and we have tons of tpf'ers in texas....if chiller can fly down, then so can others....

hey chiller, you up for it?? i bet dallas has creepy places...so does arkansas, but , that means you will run into "our" family......
:fangs: :playball: :pig: :twisted: :drunk:

These photos really "LIVE" with the conversation that is going on between aprilraven and anicole now! :mrgreen: Their "describing" the place really adds to otherwise ALSO very good photos, but ... you must keep that conversation, Chiller!!! :mrgreen:

hey lafoto, i am taking that as a compliment..(i think) .....so would you be up for a meet up in the south?? me and anicole in person would so rock your world... or scare you smooth to death..( 'scuse the pun...!!)

you got nerve pills, right????
if not, pallie ( aka nicole) does...she is like traveling with lets make a deal...anything you want is in her purse...mints, gum, small ammo.. clippers..not for your nails....for your lawn... and an odd assorment of bonjovi memoribilia....not to mention ... unmentionables...oops...wasnt supposed to mention them, right???

Any time, if it weren't for the funds... that are practically non-existent. Else I'd be over in a glimpse! You don't believe me? Ah well, well until I win the lottery (should I not play it first? :scratch: )

And sure. Do take it as a compliment, by any means! Yes!!!

aprilraven said:
hey lafoto, i am taking that as a compliment..(i think) .....so would you be up for a meet up in the south?? me and anicole in person would so rock your world... or scare you smooth to death..( 'scuse the pun...!!)

you got nerve pills, right????
if not, pallie ( aka nicole) does...she is like traveling with lets make a deal...anything you want is in her purse...mints, gum, small ammo.. clippers..not for your nails....for your lawn... and an odd assorment of bonjovi memoribilia....not to mention ... unmentionables...oops...wasnt supposed to mention them, right???

HEY RAVIE BABEE .... you may b*tch and moan about my bag, but who is the first person you call when you need somethign?! Who had cold packs for the vials you needed kept cool? Who had the clippers for the newt? Who, I ask you, had the cork for the gurgling geyser you concocted?
Just kidding. But I do have various and sundry things ... your very basics for survival in case I get lost ...

As for the BonJovi stuff ... what I flashed Jon was not something that is removable, or I guess I should say THEY were not something I could have carried in a purse.

Can we do Austin or Houston instead of Dallas? I know people there, right? Plus, from what I've heard, the vamp scene there is killer ... er, awesome.

Then again, we could all meet up in Memphis at the crypt. Ravie will have it cleaned and stocked.

WHO'S IN?!?!

Cool shots - I love that first one! :D What a great moody image.

and btw: "....cemtery crawls...." :thumbup: I love them! You have an open invite to head down further South - we have some awesome cemeteries. From Oakland here in Atlanta, to untold backwoods little graveyards, to the Confederate cemetery in Marietta (that's May-retta, okay - east of the Big Chicken - don't ask, just go with it). :lmao: We'd have a great time in some spooky places!

I should dig out my older stuff from my cemetery crawls; you'd probably get a kick out of them. ;)

Most reactions

Back