Criminals Suck

JTHphoto said:
My best friend was shot last night.

He is a police officer and was involved in a pursuit of a suspect involved in a "violent" carjacking. He was attempting to lay down stop-sticks when he was shot.

He is out of surgery already and will be okay, fortunately. It was non-life threatening gunshot to the leg. The suspect was not so fortunate, and won't be shooting anyone else... ever.

Just a reminder to have some appreciation and respect for your local law enforcement... most of them are husbands and fathers (and wives and mothers too!) just trying to "serve and protect" in their communities.

Don't forget sisters and brothers!
This hits me close to home. My sister is LAPD and is a stationed in South Central Los Angeles. They have so many shootings in that small area (about a 10 mile radius) that they often hold the record for "most shooting deaths" in the country.
It is so easy to think of firefighters as heros, we often forget about those who "protect and serve". We get frustrated and angry for getting a traffic ticket, which most of the time we deserve, that we forget to Thank them when we have an emergency and they are there.
Jason, I very glad to hear that your best friend is doing good. My thoughts are with him...wishing him a speedy recovery!:D

Thanks for listening...:)

Traci said:
[/b]

Don't forget sisters and brothers!
This hits me close to home. My sister is LAPD and is a stationed in South Central Los Angeles. They have so many shootings in that small area (about a 10 mile radius) that they often hold the record for "most shooting deaths" in the country.
It is so easy to think of firefighters as heros, we often forget about those who "protect and serve". We get frustrated and angry for getting a traffic ticket, which most of the time we deserve, that we forget to Thank them when we have an emergency and they are there.
Jason, I very glad to hear that your best friend is doing good. My thoughts are with him...wishing him a speedy recovery!:D

Thanks for listening...:)

He is the closest thing i have to a brother... so i'm not forgetting... the first thing that hit me though was his wife and two boys going to sleep and getting that call in the middle of the night...

He works in a part of town similar to what you're describing of your sister... i have a lot of respect for them...

i just went and saw him, he is in a lot of pain (obviously) but he is doing surprisingly well for being shot twice (2nd one only barely grazed his arm, like in Nothing to Lose)... he's cracking jokes and being his regular smart-ass self. they are going to get him on crutches this evening sometime and he should make a full recovery after about 8 weeks of physical therapy... :thumbup:

wow, i was damn scared reading the begining of your story... so happy your friend will be fine :D
I think we really understimate the job these guys get done every day at the risk of their onw life... Best wishes to him :thumbup:

Glad he is OK.

My dad was a Tacoma Police officer and I still remember when I was small waiting for him to come home when he worked nights.

It's a high stress, no thanks job. The reason I became a firefighter was seeing the toll it took on my father.

Your friend will need a lot of support as he recovers. He won't ask for it but trust me, he will.

fredcwdoc said:
Your friend will need a lot of support as he recovers. He won't ask for it but trust me, he will.

thanks again for all the kind words, everybody. He has a lot of support. i'm overwhelmed at the brotherhood of the police department. he had hundreds of visitors today including the mayor who gave him his personal cellphone if he needed anything, even lunch! He's a very strong person, i know he can handle it, his friends and family will be there to make sure of it!

Most reactions

Back