Criteria for the evaluation of photography workshops - after the fact.

WesternGuy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this but I couldn't find a sub-forum that matched. If it isn't then maybe a mod can move to one that is more appropriate.

I have just come off a workshop photographing grizzlies in Alaska. The instructor has asked the participants for an evaluation and comments, yet has not provided anything formal to use for this process. I am wondering if anyone knows of a site that describes or lists the "characteristics" of a good workshop. What are the things to look for before I take the workshop. The top level criteria are somewhat obvious - Instructors qualities and experience, Location, Subject(s), Planning and Logistics, Instruction during the workshop, etc. What I am hoping to find is some insight that someone may have provided on a more detailed level. Any insight or references that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :mrgreen:

WesternGuy

Did you enjoy the workshop? Likes/dislikes.
Was it useful to you? Did it lack anything you needed?

Did the workshop deliver on the expectations you had at the beginning?
Did the workshop instructor have sufficient knowledge of his/her subject?
Did the workshop develop the subject in a way that was useful to you?
What parts were a waste of time?
What parts needed more detail?
What was missing from the workshop that should have been included?

Do you feel that the money you spent for the workshop was well spent, or do you have regrets? If you have no regrets, then it was a good workshop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back