Critique my fishtank! :)

JayJay65

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please critique my fishtank..

Info: Its a 20G fishtank, its plants in it are all real.. the black gravel is actually fertilizer for the plants (for better and healthier growth, its inriched with vitamins).. :)

fishtank.jpg

what happened to all the fish?

JayJay65: I've moved your thread to the General gallery. Please review the guidelines for posting an image in the Critique Forum before posting anything in there again.

Thank you.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not really digging this photo.... or the fish tank for that matter.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not really digging this photo.... or the fish tank for that matter.

Why would you post this with the topic being Critique my fishtank, im not understanding why you would post this on my topic, let alone anything.. This shows no help, no anything, its just downright rude.

what happened to all the fish?

Its mainly a Tetra tank.. Tetras tend to be shy around stress (me moving a ton of stuff and putting 20G of fertilizer (black gravel) in the fishtank) stressed them out..

(Look on the bottom right of the picture)

So do your fish swim upside down

Only my Bronze Corys.. cause they are loco!

:)

BTW: Usually fish swimming up and down a tank, or hitting the glass shows that they dont like the water parameters or the tank is too small.. So its usually a bad thing (unless that type of fish that does it is normal for them, (like Bronze Corys))

Why on earth would we need to critisise your fishtank on a PHOTOGRAPHY forum. I just don't get that part!!! :scratch:

Whether in the General Gallery or in The Critique Forum ... you need to ask for critique on your fishtank in a forum for aquarium owners!

Or do you want the PHOTO of your fishtank critiqued?
It is noisy, has camera shake and shows an odd angle, but I appreciate that you worked with the given light. But for long exposures such as this one you need a mini tripod, a normal tripod, or a pile of books for support, and then set your camera on timer and let it take the pic itself without you touching it.

Add some fish and show us the new pic, will you?

YOU WANT FISH PICS?!?! I got fish pics! gimme a few minutes and ill edit them in :lmao::lmao::lmao:

PS: I want ciritque on how to take better pics of the fishtank and how they think it looks is good too :p

Threadfin Rainbowfish (Male)
Threadfin.jpg

Cardinal Tetra
Cardinal.jpg

Male Threadfin trying to take authority over another (by expanding his fins).. its like a cat sticking up its hair in a way.. its quite intresting actually
P50600941.jpg

2 Bronze Corys
P5060030.jpg

I changed the backdrop of the tank to black because they shiny backing just destroyed good pictures (it was REALLY frustrating) ill edit another Bronze Cory pic in this post

Bronze Cory
PC300643-1.jpg

Why would you post this with the topic being Critique my fishtank, im not understanding why you would post this on my topic, let alone anything.. This shows no help, no anything, its just downright rude.

It wasn't meant to be rude, its just that, as far as fish tanks go, this one is not particularly decadent (why are we critiquing fish tanks in a photography forum anyhow?), and the photograph is not very flattering to it. Granted it is hard to photograph through glass and water, but in the original pic, its very hard to even tell that there are fish in the tank (arguably the most important part of any fish tank). There is a lot of noise throughout the image, the highlights on the rocks are blown out, and there is no real focal point.

I seen some photos a guy took of his big ol well lit salt water aquarium and he took them from an angle with a flash.
Yes a flash.
He took them at an angle so as not to get an ugly reflection and the fish were sharp and the aquarium itself was well lit.
You may want to try that and repost your results.
Even if that is not the results you are looking for the technique is definately something you should master if you want to take aquarium shots.
As a side note you should really heed la Fotos advice and use a tri pod or stack of books because the blur ,motion or otherwise, is whats ruining your shots.

Either way the flash will freeze the action.

Most reactions

Back