critique my picture please ?:)

shareefy said:
ah thanks :D
when i took the photo and looked at it on my camera the most focused and prominent thing was the logo, but when i put it on to pc that was not tha case as you can see above

I guess that the default is center focus. The logo is not in the center so it's out of focus when there's not enough depth of field (the aperture was too large). Try point to the logo first and press the shutter half way to get it in focus. With your finger still pressing half way on the shutter (try not to press it all the way down to take the picture yet), point your camera to where you want to frame your image. That should work...you can use the same method to lock your exposure too.

Focus is too soft and for an advertisement for oranges the orange should be more saturated. Maybe include some of the orange in the photo, something to show how juicy it is. The peels look too dry and would not wet my appetite for a nice juicy orange.

I don't know if I'd use it for advertising, but I do love the shot. If I saw that and the logo was in focus, I'd buy the orange because the shot is so creative...That's why I love Comcast cable company...sure their cable serivces are just about as good as the others, but their advertisements make me like to use their company.. They're very creative. I wouldn't say "give up your dayjob" because it isn't appealing in the "traditional" sense. Comcast uses interesting ideas and concepts to sell their product (Slowskys anyone?) and because of that, I like Comcast. Keep it up, I say! I would put the logo more in focus because I wouldn't be able to see what brand of orange that is without it! And maybe put more to the top. For me, my eyes feel more "comfortable" with logos and sayings off to the side or at the top..

Weaving Wax said:
I don't know if I'd use it for advertising, but I do love the shot. If I saw that and the logo was in focus, I'd buy the orange because the shot is so creative...That's why I love Comcast cable company...sure their cable serivces are just about as good as the others, but their advertisements make me like to use their company.. They're very creative. I wouldn't say "give up your dayjob" because it isn't appealing in the "traditional" sense. Comcast uses interesting ideas and concepts to sell their product (Slowskys anyone?) and because of that, I like Comcast. Keep it up, I say! I would put the logo more in focus because I wouldn't be able to see what brand of orange that is without it! And maybe put more to the top. For me, my eyes feel more "comfortable" with logos and sayings off to the side or at the top..

Yes, and it also depends on the text you are using. A few people here want to see the product, but what if the ad says 'Too late again?' or something to the effect that you can hardly find an orange because they are so tasty. Remember, this one is eaten, so it's probably good.:wink:

Good luck with your photography!

pascal

One thing I noticed is you/the camera changed the camera's contrast level between the two shots.

For that particular shot, there's no reason to have it cranked up so high (as in the first shot), but it's a little bit too flat and I would turn it up a bit more on the second one (the second one is closer to where I would put it, if I wanted to set it manually).

I like it but in terms of commerical photography, the logo is too large and out of focus. While I know that they're orange peels, I would want to know that "goldfinger" is in fact an orange, not some sticker you stuck on the peel, kwim? I'll just ditto everyone else on the aperature point and suggest including more orange in the picture, maybe making the logo sticker a little smaller?

2Stupid2Duck said:
I woulda thought that POV would be less important if the appature was larger?
keeping a tight aperture would still give you that effect of your subject being the main focus. a larger aperture would give you a lot of focus on the table.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back