Critique my picture?

CIMG3166.jpg

CIMG3208.jpg

Both are things I would have deleted.

CIMG3166.jpg

CIMG3208.jpg

Both are things I would have deleted.
I hate to sound rude, but I agree with this guy.

Picture #1 - Rose: It's overexposed. The rose is detailed okay, but the background is so blown out I get distracted. Using the flash might help with this aspect of the shot. Also, putting the rose in the dead center of the frame is not very aesthetically pleasing. Finally, the weedy nature of the grass isn't doing much for me.

Picture #2 - Weeds?: I'm not so sure chickweed is the best subject for a picture. Brutal honesty...it looks like you dropped your camera on the ground and it exposed as it hit the ground. I can't even tell what the focus of the shot is suppose to be. I think the tall stalk in the center is the focus, but it's horribly fuzzy.

I know sometimes as photographers (hobbyists, enthusiasts, or pro) we see stuff and we really want to be a good picture, but it just isn't there. That's what happened in this case. The good thing is you're getting out and giving it a shot. Eventually you'll figure out your style and what types of things are your forte...but these two probably need to be deleted and chalked up to a learning experience.

Oh yeah...get rid of the date & time stamp.

Ok that's not helpful Live_free.

Jenni, seeing as you're using a point and shoot casio, it's very hard for you to control things like where you're focusing.

I think the #1 (the rose) is your better picture. What takes away from it are the white areas at the top of the image. There was too much light there and it overexposed. I think this picture would have looked better if you positioned the flower in the bottom right of the picture. Here's a wiki link to what I mean Rule of thirds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Your second pic is getting ruined by the fence as a background, in my opinion. A more interesting background (something cliche and overdone, like a sunset) would have helped I think. Also, the plant you're pointing the camera at is out of focus (you're going to have issues with that, try moving around after locking in autofocus).

It's good that you're getting down low and exploring different angles. Don't get discouraged, pay attention to what others are doing and take mental notes of it all.

Good luck,
-paul

Ok that's not helpful Live_free.

Jenni, seeing as you're using a point and shoot casio, it's very hard for you to control things like where you're focusing.

I think the #1 (the rose) is your better picture. What takes away from it are the white areas at the top of the image. There was too much light there and it overexposed. I think this picture would have looked better if you positioned the flower in the bottom right of the picture. Here's a wiki link to what I mean Rule of thirds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Your second pic is getting ruined by the fence as a background, in my opinion. A more interesting background (something cliche and overdone, like a sunset) would have helped I think. Also, the plant you're pointing the camera at is out of focus (you're going to have issues with that, try moving around after locking in autofocus).

It's good that you're getting down low and exploring different angles. Don't get discouraged, pay attention to what others are doing and take mental notes of it all.

Good luck,
-paul

Hey at least I directly posted the pics :lol:

Most reactions

Back