Critique of Macro '

OldManJim

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
pheasant feather Rhodenstock2.jpg
I'm trying to get back into macro. I took my D7100 and the Control My Nikon software along with a Rodenstock enlarging lens I had from my film and. I used a feather from a pheasant wing for the following image. I know the lighting is bad, I used a fluorescent desk lamp and some natural window light. Other than the lighting, can anyone offer any comments or improvements?

Thanks

RacePhoto

Reaction score
Website
peteklinger.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
No answers? I like it, as a non-expert still with learning lights on my camera, I'd say, more diffused light will give a better image, in most situations. Shadows are the enemy when you want things to look as real, in detail, as possible.

OP
OldManJim

OldManJim

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
No answers? I like it, as a non-expert still with learning lights on my camera, I'd say, more diffused light will give a better image, in most situations. Shadows are the enemy when you want things to look as real, in detail, as possible.
Thanks for the lighting suggestion. I'll play around a bit more with the lights. Fortunately, the feather isn't going anywhere.

jeffashman

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I agree regarding the lights. When I pull out my Sigma 105mm Macro, I usually use my Godox flash unit with a diffuser, and it makes a big difference. You might try a flash unit. It you don't have a diffuser, like a small soft-box, you can use a piece of tissue over the flash.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics