Critique on Website

Live_free

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Get rid of the all flash interphase, it doesnt look good, runs slow, and is very stupid. All flash websites are really annoying.... :meh:

flea77

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.allanhallphotography.com
Photos OK to edit
Well to start with, it wouldn't work in my browser (Firefox 64bit, no flash support) so I couldn't see it. Then I thought, well, if he wants to exclude several million potential customers and hurt his SEO chances by using flash, so be it, and I opened it in another browser....

Overall the site design is nice and clean, I like that. Your keywords are too generic. Your meta description has misspellings in it and could use a little rework. I am not sure I like the dotted lines too much, really makes me want to grab scissors and cut apart the screen, heh. The converted B&W images really don't do much for me.

Allan

Breaux

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mauricegatlin.com
Photos OK to edit
Don't use the "Coming Soon" sign for the wedding gallery. Just leave it off until you get that page done.

Good navigation, though. I easily found the 2 things customers want to know: are your photos any good, and how much do you charge!

OP
C

cfphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisfesslerphoto.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well to start with, it wouldn't work in my browser (Firefox 64bit, no flash support) so I couldn't see it. Then I thought, well, if he wants to exclude several million potential customers and hurt his SEO chances by using flash, so be it, and I opened it in another browser....

Overall the site design is nice and clean, I like that. Your keywords are too generic. Your meta description has misspellings in it and could use a little rework. I am not sure I like the dotted lines too much, really makes me want to grab scissors and cut apart the screen, heh. The converted B&W images really don't do much for me.

Allan

Thanks to all for the compliments & critiques alike.

Allan: Any suggestions on the keywords and/or revisions of the metadata?

DuckRabbit: Do you have issues with any other flash sites using Chrome?

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Only thing that I saw was that you are extremely cheap in your pricing. Personally, I like flash.

Jim Gratiot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I agree w/ Eric that your portrait pricing seems a bit low... especially considering that you offer a $3,900 wedding package.

One minor gripe... having the tabs (Home, Portfolio, Information, etc.) facing to the left is a bit disconcerting... but that's just a personal preference. My eyes work better with the tabs reading left to right.

OP
C

cfphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisfesslerphoto.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks Jim, I've thought about moving the tabs horizontally before as well.

I'm working on a new portrait pricing schema...thanks for the input.

Most reactions

New Topics