critique please -- 9month old

mystar-sky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i took this photo this morning, and converted in to b&w and edited it in psp. i sort of like the harsh light but I need opinions on whether or not it works here.

516281085_6fcb225958.jpg

I think this is an interesting photo, certainly not the usual baby photo.
The symetry helps as does his connection to the camera.
There is so much going in the background to distract, I would try blurring out the background to center attention on his face.

I think the B/W and the blurred background(second edit you did) did it for me. Then again that is just my opinion. Overall I belive you did a great job in capturing the shot. Brings a lot of character out from the baby. Just think its awesome how you focus on the babys focus. *thumbs up*

Sure works better in B&W than color. Not a bad rescue, and like others have said a very different picture. Works for me, just not in a classic way, more an art way. If that makes any sense.

I think a re-shoot might be in order, if possible. There's just too much detail that's been lost in the blown out-regions of the face, and there's very little in the mid-tone range. Under lighting this harsh, I would guess 1-2 stops underexposure from this shot would be pretty on point. This is definitely not an un-shootable photo. The difference between lightest and darkest parts appears less than three stops.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back