critique please

Mike888

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
sunflowers2.jpg

You might get some negative feedback on the lens flare here; personally, I love it. Unless it's blinding, or blows out parts of the image, I usually get more of an enchanted feel to an image from lens flare; it's very evident here. I love the severe foreground placement of these coneflowers and the flare leading right to them, with the halo effect.

This would be a fabulous image were it not for the unfortunate presence of the strip of road that cuts right across the frame, and the car in the background. Way too distracting.

But, yes, you are right to be excited by the main components of this shot. :) Maybe you can find a way to get something similar without all the clutter in the background.

You must never shift a photo from one Photobucket album to another. It will automatically lose its URL.
And Photobucket IS giving a bit of trouble these days...

But I remember that photo well and have for long meant to say that my EYES are fascinated most by the kind of light that was captured in the picture, and apart from the fact that there is too much sun to be seen in it, I really liked it. So all I would do is take away that glaring light of the sun, but I'd leave the lense flare. It's good to know and see where exactly the light comes from that lits up the flowers from behind.

I wish the photo'd come back up to here, soon.

stupid photobucket...anyways i took your advice and edited out the car and some clutter and cropped the bottom a bit, im not sure how to get rid of the road without making it look extremly noticable. anyone have any ideas.

heres what i have so far after editing.

sunflowers-vi.jpg

I think the sky is a touch too blown out. A graduated N/D filter might have helped?

I'm a person who adores flare, why hide from it? I think it looks really incredible here, and just adds to the colours and the subject matter.

Personally, I love this shot.

Yeah photobucket is not being nice this week.

I like the picture a lot. I'm glad the flowers arent all in the middle of the image. The portrait format is great.

What are those lines on the image?

I don't mind the sky. it's not distracting for me or a main focus thats why.

I wouldn't crop the bottom off or else youll lose flowers, and get half a flower at the bottom which would be irritating in my opinion. That might just be me? I'm picky. Plus, the flowers may not look as tall.

mad_malteaser said:
I'm a person who adores flare, why hide from it? I think it looks really incredible here, and just adds to the colours and the subject matter.

Personally, I love this shot.

Ditto

Really like the composition. Not being a flower type of guy, I love the flowers in this one. Really tired of picture perfect flowers. The sunlight on the grass really causes me to focus in on the first flower, which is a good thing..

Cloning out the garbage can, pole and car would do the photo wonders. The paved strip does not bother me. The blown out sky is O.K. too as it make me focus on the subject

This is the type of photo which I like to look at for more than ten seconds.

edit
getting rid of the white bud on the bottom would also help

Most reactions

Back