critique please

To be honest I can't get through the watermark. Can you post some without watermarks?

I also notice that if I tilt my monitor, it picks up texture/details in the blown out areas of the image... Now that I am aware of the texture, I can see it when looking at the image normally.

Yeahhh, agreed. To much watermark for me

Sorry everyone but the watermark is not going to be removed from the image. Last photo I posted with no watermark you all said was too small and so I have posted larger image but the watermark must go on for the larger image.

Sorry everyone but the watermark is not going to be removed from the image. Last photo I posted with no watermark you all said was too small and so I have posted larger image but the watermark must go on for the larger image.

Whatever.. no comment from me, then! The silly amateurish watermark kills it!

If you think your photo is decent enough to where people would try and steal it without a watermark then why do you need c&c?

I'm a beginner here and can't even see past the watermark. It's just distracting. You can opt to post it at a decent lores size.

There's only like, 10% of the image or less showing. That'll show 'em....

Watermark.jpg

There's only like, 10% of the image or less showing. That'll show 'em....

Yea... it is goofy! There are those here that turn out lovely, wonderful images... and don't bother with a watermark at the sizes we are limited to here. It always cracks me up when someone insists on it! Usually an amateur that thinks they poop gold, or something! lol!

Usually when people are unable to tell which part of the image is the subject, and which part is the watermark, people aren't going to put in the time to give C&C.

Can someone explain the logic to me? When an image can't make much (if anything) the owner seems to be convinced that it will miraculously be used to make large profit gains as soon as they post it on the internet...

I am fairly certain that any of my images, if posted without a watermark, will immediately be seized upon and used for a national ad campaign and someone else will get the royalties. There is, I know, a magic software that will blow up my web images into the size necessary for a huge print and these will also sell in the thousands, at least.

I have this confidence that, even though I am a relative beginner, my images will be seized upon like a Joe Dimaggio rookie card (and the analogy is quite perfect) and in ten years when I am totally famous and have eclipsed all the modern photographers, the King of England will call me on my cell and ask me to autograph a print for him - but my assistant will answer and refuse, because I never take calls from anyone that I've never met before and I certainly wouldn't sign my name.

Does that adequately explain my position on this watermark business?

I am fairly certain that any of my images, if posted without a watermark, will immediately be seized upon and used for a national ad campaign and someone else will get the royalties. There is, I know, a magic software that will blow up my web images into the size necessary for a huge print and these will also sell in the thousands, at least.

I have this confidence that, even though I am a relative beginner, my images will be seized upon like a Joe Dimaggio rookie card (and the analogy is quite perfect) and in ten years when I am totally famous and have eclipsed all the modern photographers, the King of England will call me on my cell and ask me to autograph a print for him - but my assistant will answer and refuse, because I never take calls from anyone that I've never met before and I certainly wouldn't sign my name.

Does that adequately explain my position on this watermark business?

Gee... I don't know! Couldn't you be a little more clear... and stick to small words too.... :grumpy:

;)

Yea... it is goofy! There are those here that turn out lovely, wonderful images... and don't bother with a watermark at the sizes we are limited to here. It always cracks me up when someone insists on it! Usually an amateur that thinks they poop gold, or something! lol!
I have half a mind to remove it just for kicks. No time tonight though :p

I'll critique your watermark since it's slapped right in front of your subject's head. I'd be sitting here trying to figure out what letters they are if you didn't have dingo images in your post. And why is it strangling your horse?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back