Leigh Wanstead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.smootharm.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

Here is another photo I shot. I have cropped the photo to get sunrise attention. What do you think the composition in this image. Shot around 6am.

normal_IMGA9156.jpg

I look forward to hearing from you.
TIA

Regards
Leigh

Overall I find this phto too dark. There are just too many black elements in the frame that all block off what looks like the coolest of blues in that early morning sky. So I feel your composition is cluttered. Way too much "natural frame" around your sunrise here. Plus the photo is not sharp. Did you handhold this one?

Hi Leigh,
You caught those wonderful colors in that golden moment when the sun rises. For stability, if i'm in a situation where I don't have a tripod, I crouch down and stabilize my elbow on my knee. It lessens the shake a bit. Not sure if the resolution of the original would allow, but if you cropped to frame the sunset with just a bit of the trees and ground surrounding it, it might make the focal point a bit more dramatic.

Hello,

Here is another photo I shot. I have cropped the photo to get sunrise attention. What do you think the composition in this image. Shot around 6am.

normal_IMGA9156.jpg

I look forward to hearing from you.
TIA

Regards
Leigh

Most reactions

Back