Critique Senior Portrait

Relic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I mainly do sports photography, and to my brother that means I photograph everything, so I did his senior portrait. I used a Canon Mark II N, and an L series 2.0 135mm lens, along with an 85mm. I was curious to see what you thought of my work.

Thanks, George
PH8P9192-Edit.jpg

Nice expression, a little off center... I wouldve had him twist his body a little more to the right it would give him a little thinner angle... raised his head up a little to thin out the neck.. and.. maybe a little more light... but i dunno what your lighting situation was... but not bad... i dig it....

you should try to get into a little more portraiture for future reference... it can help with sports photography

Keep it up

i think i would have had a main light on one side plus a fill light... one side a bit brighter than the other would have added a bit more dimension to the face and makes the overall image more interesting. nevertheless, nice job!

i think i would have had a main light on one side plus a fill light... one side a bit brighter than the other would have added a bit more dimension to the face and makes the overall image more interesting. nevertheless, nice job!

I agree with the suggestion for side lighting. Short or Broad lighting would have modeled the facial features better. The paramount lighting used here would probably have worked better than it does had there been more of it.

Overall, I find that on my monitor, the focus seems to be a little soft. But the image is never-the-less a keeper. You did good.

Most reactions

Back