Critique this!

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
No, really, give me some tough love here. I have already totally re worked this image from scratch and this is about the best I can get it.

Things I note: Right eye (her right silly) is slightly oof, shot too shallow.

Now before you go saying she's too smooth, which she is but I am going for a glam look, ok?

_POR1569-Edit-2 by WSG Photography, on Flickr

You could clean up her hairline if you are truly doing the glam look.

I tried, honestly my edit skills are really poor, beginner at best. I tried to clone, no good. I tried to use a couple other tools...I just don't know how to clean up that hair but keep it crisp!

Her hairline isn't bothering me; it looks at least natural! ;) The one thing that is glaring to me are her inner brows: did you brush them in PP, Trever? Or is that the result of her makeup artist? They have an odd squared-off brushed look.

Her hairline isn't bothering me; it looks at least natural! ;) The one thing that is glaring to me are her inner brows: did you brush them in PP, Trever? Or is that the result of her makeup artist? They have an odd squared-off brushed look.

She did her own makeup but I did darken it a bit, it was very splotchy. I didn't darken the ends on the inside.

For some reason my eyes were drawn to her neck...

Edit: I'm sure it is critique related.
I'm not sure if the shadows are off or not, small screen problems.

Sent from my iPhone

You could clean up her hairline if you are truly doing the glam look.

I tried, honestly my edit skills are really poor, beginner at best. I tried to clone, no good. I tried to use a couple other tools...I just don't know how to clean up that hair but keep it crisp!

Try some styling gel. Not enough to be noticeable, but enough to hold her hair in place.

I second the eyebrow comment. I'm sure she did the best she could, but you shouldn't have to try to fix makeup in post. Or hair either.

Perhaps. To be fair we were outdoors at the pool and it was a little bit breezy. Thanks for the comments!

Two red spots on her lower lip should be removed.
All in all I think the shallow DoF is the main problem here. Her lips are a bit too soft as well for a glam pic.

Looks okay. The hair was a good point. Would probably be better to fix that before shooting as opposed to post. But this could be a good reason to go find some tutorials and start expanding your post processing knowledge.

Hair is a *****!

My suggestion is to darken the edges as much as possible. The highlights and hair lines are very distracting.

Also around her eyes where you did the smoothing is ver abrupt. I would suggest using a softer brush to blend the layers to have a smoother transition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back