Critique...

Photoshop provides unlimited ways to achieve desired results, and this is just another variation of your photo………………………

JacobYoungframedwmMODIFIED.jpg

shmspac said:
Photoshop provides unlimited ways to achieve desired results, and this is just another variation of your photo………………………

JacobYoungframedwmMODIFIED.jpg

Not quite what I was going for..looks as if there is a lot of grain or oversharpening on his face or it looks like it is covered in fuzz from a peach lol.

I agree that your fixed picture is too plasticy looking. I don't quite see what's wrong with it the way it is- People should be displayed the look normally imo, but if you want to fix it, take the fixed version, set it over the old one, and lower the opacity. That will give you a more "in between" look.

isn't that the guy from the bold and the beautiful?

The edits do look a little like a porcelain doll and in the case of changing the colors, appears to be a motion sick porcelain doll. (Please take that humorously).

I do strongly agree with both markc and elsaspet, in that editing this photo requires the use of layers and adjusting sometimes both the layer types and the opacity. While I stronly believe taking a photograph is a artful skill, post-processing has always proven to be an even more difficult art for many, including myself.

I am always very interested in these discussions. I have never used layers to the extent that elsaspet mentioned, however I am going to have to try using more layers to see what better results I can achieve.

Keep experimenting until you find the process that works well for you, once you do and you will know when you do, take notes in case you are up late one night in a cloudy state of mind having a hard time.

they all look very fake

This is really interesting. I have a portrait at hand that I like. The only thing that bothers me is the facial skin appearance in the image. After reading this thread, I start to wonder if I can salvage my photo by the same work. I don't have PhotoShop unfortunately. Could anyone here be kind enough to edit this one? Thanks a million!

se200.jpg

And that is one thing I CAN do...;) Give a few mins to get CS booted up.

Edit:

Here you go. Sorry, Photobucket resizes things hugely...

a.jpg

Takk!!

It's now clear to me I should give up on this plastic image. I think it's because of the hair color as well, and not just that of the skin, the overall tone is not right.

Hey, thanks again, Aelfwyn, I'll learn more of your language to communicate with you in future. ;)

Peanuts said:
For most of the photoshopping (is that even a word?) I use The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers written by Scott Kelby ...

This is SLIGHTLY off topic but speaking of Scott Kelby and Photoshop you should also check out www.photoshoptv.com. They do a weekly show available as a podcast (and you can download previous episodes from the site). It's a 30 minute video where they show some quick touch-ups and tips. VERY useful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back