Critiques Please I am trying to improve.

parthiv91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

thanks for the critiques for the last image. I have tried to improved. Here is a photo of a water droplet created by a small ball (10 mm diameter ) falling in the water.

I wanted a unique colourful desktop image for my computer, and decided to make one myself.

Critiques please.

Is there a was to improve the image in PS?

IMG_8446.jpg

This is a very very neat picture.
Very colorful. I like it.
I like how all the little ball are reflected in the water drop.
I cant think of anything to edit.

I'm only now seeing this thread and before I arrived at MarkC's reply, also I was thinking that it could do well with a slight level (or curves) adjustment to bring out the colours more and deepen the contrasts. And what do I see? You have applied it and it DOES look better now, doesn't it!

And I have NEVER so far got "The Droplet" right. Congrats on getting it so right. What a nice desktop image you now have! :D

any chance of getting a higher res version of this? (say 1280x1024) so I could use it as the background on my laptop?

its a great picture. what gear were you using and how did you rig this up?

xfloggingkylex said:
any chance of getting a higher res version of this? (say 1280x1024) so I could use it as the background on my laptop?

its a great picture. what gear were you using and how did you rig this up?
sure you can have to image at higher resolution. I can't share it through photobucket.com (which I do usually) as it crops the image automatically. Do you know a place where i can share this image uncroped??

Brilliant shot!

The only thing I could see improving in PS is perhaps trying to rid it of some of the noise using 'despeckle'. Other than that great pic!

What equipment did you use?

Hi,

i used the following equipments

Canon EOS 400D
Tamron f2,8 17-50

Direct sunlight + 1 mirror to have enough light for this high speed photo.

Shutter speed was 1/2000
Aperture f4
ISO 400

The ball are around 8mm dia from my sons toy. The background was my wifes T-Shirt. A 10cm glass bowl filled with water. I had the camera in my right hand and dropped the balls in the water with left hand. Took around 45-50 shots. 3-4 were good.

that was it.

it turned out great. I think webshots may allowed uncropped pictures, but other than that I can only think of file sharing sites. or if you'd like to email it to me my address is [email protected]

nice image :)

i did fire so far, but not water, so i should give it a try as well :)

Most reactions

Back