Crop me! How would you crop this?

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm really tempted to crop this in closer, and tilt it because I can't get the stupid lines to align just right.

$DSC_0464.jpg

this is mine.. but im trying really hard not to tilt AND have a brick wall all in one... :lmao:
$DSC_0464-2.jpg

I used 8x10 crop and moved his right eye into my circle of the rules on LR4. I should have fixed the tilt with the brick, but I think he is standin pretty much straight and she is balanced by having shoulders back to offset the baby. (no expert here, just looking at what my eyes say looks good)

hippy crop Felt space was need behind the guy. belly pushing that way

I thought I would take the minimalist approach. No like?! lol

I thought I would take the minimalist approach. No like?! lol

thinking the husband you just viciously chopped out might take it personal. lol

Why won't the lines line up for you? OK, the top is slightly off but the rest look decent for a 2 minute edit ;)

dsc_0464z.jpg

Why won't the lines line up for you? OK, the top is slightly off but the rest look decent for a 2 minute edit ;)

dsc_0464z.jpg

the top being slightly off was pissing me off. lol i feel like thats the first thing people are going to see ;\

What did you do???? Lol

I'd crop mostly on the right side, that's where the perspective is starting to make the lines look less straight and where there's a stain or discoloration on the brick too that doesn't add to the photo. It being cropped and enlarged seems to be causing it to lose sharpness.

Try cropping it in between the long vertical lines, not too close to a line. I find that if a line is close to an edge of the frame (vertical or horizontal) it's more noticeable or makes it seem like the photo is chopped off.

I think the tilt makes the lines even more noticeable and takes away from the subjects (I notice the tilt more than them). Maybe next time using a brick wall as a background it could work to be in closer to the subjects so you don't get the distortion so much.

Here's what I did.

$DSC_0464_rotate crop vignette.jpg

I rotated the image just a bit. I gave it minus exposure, a bit of fill light, and cropped it so that she had a bit more negative space behind her, and he had less space. This is a very deliberate cropping decision. I then added a dark vignette, to draw more attention to the gaze that she is giving him, and the fact that he is looking directly at the viewer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back