Crop sensors are what??

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Proof that it's the photographer

Awesome video, thank you Jamoul for the link really enjoyed it! :)

I would agree for the most part but I also know that taking a photo and getting a good result is far easier on a more expensive camera.

What is the Nikon D7200? Is it the fortieth crop-body Nikon has released?

I would agree for the most part but I also know that taking a photo and getting a good result is far easier on a more expensive camera.

Not if you don't know how to use it.

I can take a a photo on my d5100 and exactly the same on a d610 a get a far better image on the 610. The grid alone in the 610's viewfinder makes a big difference on the result, it shouldn't but it does.

Its the third incarnation of the high end low budget consumer level camera range.

I can take a a photo on my d5100 and exactly the same on a d610 a get a far better image on the 610. The grid alone in the 610's viewfinder makes a big difference on the result, it shouldn't but it does.

I get what you are saying. But you knew how to use the grid to help you compose. Prior to a few years ago, I would have been looking in the manual to find out how to get rid of those stupid lines that were in my way. :confused-55:

If you look at most photos taken here , they were at just under sync speed with a big light and an nd filter. Probably most of these could be done identical with nikons entry level camera that has same resolution

Its the third incarnation of the high end low budget consumer level camera range.

Ummm...not so sure about that...D100,D200,D70,D80,D90,D7000,D7100,D7200. Oddly, I happened to have watched that video last night!

You missed the D40, D50, D60....

You missed the D40, D50, D60....

Uh, no, I did not miss them; he said the high end of the low budget consumer range...the D40 and D50 and D60 were ALL LOW END "economy model" cameras at the time they hit the market...that is why I deliberately omitted them from my list...which was made up of the, again, the high end of Nikon's "consumer" range.

The "consumer" range has shifted a bit over the years; the D100 was considered a "consumer" d-slr when it hit the streets; by the time the D200 hit, it was the high-end consumer camera; the D300 would have been included, but by that time, Nikon had developed a much broader consumer lineup, and the D300 was a semi-pro capable camera with an very deep feature set and basically, the professional-level AF and other subsystems of the D3 line. But the D40, D50, and D60 were never high end of the consumer market--those were Nikon's "economy" models.

The point overall though is that Nikon has made a lot of iterations in the crop-sensor past, and the D7200 goes wayyyyyy back to the late 1990's when the 1.53x sensor size was first used in a Nikon digital SLR, in the D1.

Last edited:
Is the d7200 the high end of the low budget consumer range?

Saw edited more detailed explanation after I asked question

Last edited:
....... he said the high end of the low budget consumer range............

Is that like a cross-eyed dyslexic can read correctly?

Most reactions

Back