Cropped or Cloned

pyagid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this photo a couple of months ago. And I would like to make a larger print of it. Only problem is my parents dog ran across just as i snapped the picture, and I couldnt get another one of my dog before he decided to run around again.

Anyway. What would your suggestions be for the image? Should I use the cropped image? or go for cloneing the tail out? Also on the crop do you suggest a different crop?

Original
unedit.jpg

Cropped
cropped.jpg

Cloned
cloned.jpg

Once i figure out which direction i want to go I am sure i am going to have some more questions about color balance and contrast with the image

Thanks for any Input

-Paul

*Edit for image size, due to photobucket problem

Cloned - nobody will ever know! Maybe a quick wipe with the blur brush, very lightly to disguise and draw the eye upwards?

Rob

wow u did an awesome job cloning that, i agree that version works better.

Fly said:
i can see were you cloned :p .3 the same each about the size of his head.
Yeah, it can be tricky getting a clone not to stand out for some people.
They can jump out at me too. If you are cloning a distinct section, you usually have to blend it with some other part so it doesn't look like a repeating pattern.

thank you very much. I ended up doing a better clone job on the fullsize version. And a slight crop. I have not had a chance to resize it to post here. But will do once i have time to do a little color correction.

once again thanks for the input
-Paul

Most reactions

Back