Cross Country: Put Me Up!

Alpha

Troll Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So,

I just accepted a job in San Francisco and will be re-locating from Raleigh, NC. I'm thinking driving will be cheaper than flying + shipping. I'm looking at traveling the week of Mon the 17th and would be stopping over at a fellow TFPer's home in Denver. The trip would send me through:

Charleston, WV
Louisville, KY
St. Louis, MO
Kansas City, KS/MO
Anywhere in southern Wyoming
Salt Lake City, UT
Anywhere in Nevada near HWY 80, or Lake Tahoe

If any of you kind folks happen to live along this route and wouldn't mind putting me up for a night I would greatly appreciate it. I can afford hotels but it would be nice (and less lonely) to actually see some faces along the way.

Thanks.

So,

I just accepted a job in San Francisco and will be re-locating from Raleigh, NC. I'm thinking driving will be cheaper than flying + shipping. I'm looking at traveling the week of Mon the 17th and would be stopping over at a fellow TFPer's home in Denver. The trip would send me through:

Charleston, WV
Louisville, KY
St. Louis, MO
Kansas City, KS/MO
Anywhere in southern Wyoming
Salt Lake City, UT
Anywhere in Nevada near HWY 80, or Lake Tahoe

If any of you kind folks happen to live along this route and wouldn't mind putting me up for a night I would greatly appreciate it. I can afford hotels but it would be nice (and less lonely) to actually see some faces along the way.

Thanks.

Darn! Too bad you can't make your way through Phoenix. But... SF is great, you'll love it. Congrats and good luck with the move. Keep us informed.

I'd take 50 over 80 it was faster on the trips I've taken to Colorado. I'd offer but by the time you're in my neck of the woods you might as well be in San Fransisco...

Of course You get to see Salt Lake City if you go the 80 route.

I thought about going through the south, which would send me through the DEEP south, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona, but then I'd have to go up through Las Vegas. I much prefer Lake Tahoe to Vegas and I've got a place to stay in Denver.

Toss up?

Maybe I should just fly.

Personally I don't think driving will be much cheaper than flying.

considering a one-way flight will cost on avg $130 ( w/ addt'l charges ) I'd think flying would be cheaper.

Ship your other things ground through UPS/FedEx/USPS. if you were going to carry it all in one car then it can't be that much!

Congrats on the new job! It would have been fun to open a bottle of red with you, but we're not on the route.

I'd fly, personally. Good luck!

I was just in SF for the last week and a half. I went to Kermit Lynch's shop in Berkeley. Terri you would have loved it. I also went through the neighborhood there called the Gourmet Ghetto, where Chez Panisse is. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm driving. It's gonna be a looooooong drive.

I was about to say....where the **** is winchester? Is that where the rifles are from?

Google Maps here I come!

Ahhhhh south of LA? I'll see what I can do. I've got family in the valley I should probably visit at some point anyway.

I was about to say....where the **** is winchester? Is that where the rifles are from?

Google Maps here I come!

Ahhhhh south of LA? I'll see what I can do. I've got family in the valley I should probably visit at some point anyway.

Yeah I am more then an hour from everywhere. That is another story. None the less I would not mind visiting San Fran.

Love & Bass

Are you going to Take the whole week and make all of those stops, or are you going to try to cut it down a bit, and make it in a few days? Anyway, if you want to crash in St.Louis, you are welcome to my couch, though it's not a pull out just a regular couch. So if you'd like to stop by Ill buy you a beer. I'll Send you a PM with my contact info If you are interested.

-Ryan

Most reactions

New Topics

Back