cross processed E6 in C41

One lab mistankenly processed slide film in C41 once. The result was... that the photos turned up b&w prints!?! (the slide film was obviously color, not that rare b&w)

Initially I was mad at them, but afterwards I liked the accidental results!

Unimaxium said:
One quick question... when you cross-process E6 reversal film with C-41 chemicals made for negatives, does the result come out as a slide or as a negative?
negative.
There is no possible way that cross-processed E6 would come out as a black and white negative. The lab probably printed your negs on b+w paper to lessen the obviousness of the mistake. If you look at the film it will still be in color.

I cross processed e6 in c41 chemicals and am making a color print in the darkroom, this may sound dumb but my negatives are positive so my image will be negative, correct?

I cross processed e6 in c41 chemicals and am making a color print in the darkroom, this may sound dumb but my negatives are positive so my image will be negative, correct?

Actually when you crossprocess E6 as C-41 you create a negative image on the film not a positive image.

Just as a follow up to some of the really old posts on this thread... I get most of my E6 film C41 cross processed at Target. I'm guessing these days that most of the kids working there have no idea that the film stocks I'm using are slide film and just run them through without question.

I get good results about 95% of the time....Just an FYI.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back